Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Striking back at customers - where do we draw the line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well regardless I think the customer was out of line. There is no need to make snarky little comments like that to somebody trying to do their job. I'm not saying I'm that wonderful of a person, because I'm truly not, but one thing I would NEVER do is make some kind of shitty little comment to someone I didn't know, let alone someone doing their job and attempting to help me with something. The kind of person who WOULD do something like that deserves to get yelled at. I don't even work in customer service anymore, but I'm still adamant that anyone in a customer service position deserves the utmost respect (unless they have been unnecessarily rude to you first).

Comment

Of course the customer was out of line, but unfortunately, we're really only responsible for our own reactions and behavior, especially since we are in a professional position representing a company name above and beyond our own.

So to that end, how we respond to insults or even how we prevent them from happening in the first place is pretty important.

Comment

I would generally say that any retail job probably doesn't pay enough to compensate someone for taking abuse from the customer...but that doesn't matter. It's stupid to strike back at a customer on company property because they'll screw you anyway.

Wait till you clock out, figure out where they live, then take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
          I would generally say that any retail job probably doesn't pay enough to compensate someone for taking abuse from the customer...but that doesn't matter. It's stupid to strike back at a customer on company property because they'll screw you anyway.

Wait till you clock out, figure out where they live, then take care of it.
          We're somewhat looser on here than on CS.com, but are you seriously advocating violence for verbal insults?

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Absolutely not.

Comment

Then what, exactly, were you saying about finding out where they live and sorting it out?

Rapscallion
              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I think it was a joke minus the smiley.
                Remember people... we can't read your tone.

Since I've never worked in the service industry I don't have an informed opinion....
                But I do have an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                X