Checking Receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyndaran View Post
    That could be said about so many lost freedoms. Shouldn't we be allowed privacy expecially when it's inconvenient to others?
    shouldn't property owners be allowed to protect their property?

Comment

Originally posted by linguist View Post
      Only until it touches my property.
      That is of course until there is probably cause to get in my face.

Comment

Originally posted by linguist View Post
        Sure. Let them protect their property, and do whatever they want with their property. But, since my bags are my property, they're not allowed to touch my bags, or my receipt.

Do whatever you want with your property. Leave mine alone. And if you're going to claim the right to check my property, then post a damn sign. I'll shop elsewhere.

Pretty simple concept, really.

Comment

In Australia, most stores have a sign posted somewhere (the bigger the store, the bigger the sign usually) asking for a bag check on request. I have no problem showing my very large backpack due to its size, but handbags I get a bit iffy with, because there's no real way you know what is and isn't stolen, unless it's obvious (i.e. a woman's shoved 20 slabs of meat into her handbag). I've had people pick over my bags before, wanting to know when and where I bought my (used) can of body spray and telling me I need a sticker. That's where I feel they're drawing the line. (work requires me to do this and that is the ONLY time I'll EVER use a sticker)

If it's a quick glance though, no problem. If they start getting picky and demand that I open every single pocket in my handbag, THAT's when I get iffy. We don't get suspicious naturally unless we have grounds to do so. I usually allow for benefit of the doubt if they don't have a receipt, however...if they have no sign, they have no right. That's all I say.

Comment

Working...
          X