72 Year Old Woman Tasered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 Year Old Woman Tasered

This great grandmother was tasered after failing to comply with police orders.

What do you guys think of the issue?

Normally I don't say this, but she deserved it. Refused to follow multiple commands and warnings from the officer; belligerent; and she shoved the officer. AFAIK, even touching an officer can be considered assault in some places. She denied it, but notice how she shut up once she learned there was video evidence?

Comment

I completely agree with Caveat Emptor on this one. She was indeed belligerent towards the officer and very combative as well. The officer was trying to do his job and did give her several warnings about her behavior before tasing her. I gotta admit, for a 72 year old woman she's a feisty old bat.
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

In this case I also agree that she deserved it.
        See, I'm not always against cops.

Comment

The woman was going 60 MPH in a 45 MPH construction zone. She also said "Go ahead. Tase ME!" and "I dare you!". She asked for it. She is trying to get away with speeding, mouthing off, and arguing with the officer. If a younger person did the same thing it wouldn't make the news.
          "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Oh boy. I can't wait to see the comments this one will bring.

Where's our popcorn icon over here?

Comment

YouTube... can't see the fun.... <cry>
              ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Well, it seems the officer only had a limited number of options.

Grab the lady and slam her into the pavement.

Pepper spray.

Shoot her.

Taser.

Let her off with a warning. I think she blew that option out of the water herself.

Anything he would've done would be considered "over the line" by someone.

Comment

By that age she ought to know better than to talk back to a cop and not follow instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubystars View Post
                    By that age she ought to know better than to talk back to a cop and not follow instructions.
                    She seemed to feel that at her age, she's earned the right to go as fast as she wants and not get in trouble for it. She got what she had coming to her.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                      She seemed to feel that at her age, she's earned the right to go as fast as she wants and not get in trouble for it. She got what she had coming to her.
                      QFT

And I'm glad that the department is standing by the officer's decision, rather than throwing him to the media hounds. Sadly, the female reporter was still saying he acted with excessive force, and he could've behaved better, despite the woman screaming and cursing and trying to shove past the officer.

Funny, how she was all ready to give interviews about how she's a sweet 'lil ol' granny, who was viciously wrong by the big bad officer, but now that the video footage has been released, she can't be reached for comment. My aunt was a police dispatcher for years before she died. Dash cams saved the reps of a lot of good cops, and helped weed out the not so good ones, so I'm glad they're in use all over Texas, I really am.

Comment

Amen to that, Lupo.

Too many decent cops get suspended or fired for shit like that, and if they'd only had dash cams.....

Comment

Working...
                        X