Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Burns documentary

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...sec-artsliving

So basically, these people waited until the damn thing was pretty much completed, and THEN raised a stink. Do we have to have a representative sampling from every ethnicity in one documentary? I don't think so.

I think a better idea than trying to shoehorn a few hispanics into this documentary might be to consider making a new one that discusses hispanic roles in US military. I recognize that people of hispanic origin have done some great things in our military. Heck, all you need to do is go look at the medal of honor page to see some truly great men who did some profoundly awesome things.
    But to insist that every documentary that's ever made be 100% PC is getting ridiculous.

That is stupid and pathetic. Cultural diversity has nothing to do with a World War II documentary. If they have to recognize the contributions of one ethnic group, what about everybody else in the world? What next? The contributions of a notable Samoan-American? They are trying to ruin an otherwise informative documentary by exagerrating their influence in the war effort. Sure, hispanic Americans served in World War II, in the same units as everyone, except the blacks who were segregated. People will protest anything these days. If you are a Mexican-AMERICAN at the time of World War II, then whose Army are you in? Your race means jack squat if you did your duty for your country. American does not mean "whities only". Jesus H. C%$#^t.

Comment

Working...
    X