Cash rewards; do they help or hurt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash rewards; do they help or hurt?

I'm sure most people here know about the case of the missing 4 year old, Madeline McCann. Several celebrities, like JK Rowling, and business leaders have put up large sums of money as a reward for information leading to her being found. Is the money going to help whoever has her return her? Or will it just scare them into killing her? What do you think has happened to her? Will you donate any money, and if not, why?

Well, if Madeline was still alive when the media circus started up (and sorry to sound like a heartless cynic, but it's very unlikely; I will list the reasons later), then now her abductors have more than likely panicked and killed her, probably hiding her body so well it will never be found.

Why do I think this? Let's look at this logically. It's unlikely to be a case of abducting and selling to a childless family, cuz there were twins in the room who would be less likely to give the game away as a four year old girl who can talk and tell people that her abducters aren't her parents. It's not kidnapping; a reward would have been asked for the very next day; remember the case of the Lindburg baby? Even tho the child was dead a reward was still asked for. It's not a disturbed woman who's lost her own children; again, she would have taken the twins.

So, that leaves the option that none of us want to think of, but is sadly the most likely; a pedophile took her, and was more than likely watching the hotel for days before. A lot of predatory pedophiles stalk their victims like this beforehand, and this one more than likely singled out the McCanns cuz of their habit of leaving their kids alone. This certainly wasn't the first time they did it, no matter what the parents say.

And if it was a pedophile, then the poor child is probably dead now; her body could have been dropped in the sea, never to resurface which means that the parents are never going to know what happened to their child, so there isn't any point in them declaring to stay until she's found. I know a lot of people are going to shout curses at me, but I'm looking at this logically.

My parents took myself and my brothers on holiday many a time, and they never left us alone. Once, we were at a hotel that provided a nanny service; my parents gladly took advantage of it and left us with the nannies. It was a little bit extra, but so what? They could go off by themselves and know their kids were safe. The McCanns did differently; and their child was taken. They are definitely partly to blame for this; the abducter is mostly, but there wouldn't have been an abduction if the parents had done their jobs as parents and either taken their kids along too, or left them with the hotel babysitters.

And no, I won't be donating any money. I have given money to charities that exist to find missing persons instead, cuz I don't understand why Madeline is any more important than the tens of thousands of people, both young and old, who go missing every year.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

that is so sad.

I don't want to lay blame on the parents...because, seriously, if a pedophile was watching, that kid was doomed from the start. The second mommy went to the bathroom that kid would have been snatched from under her nose. No parent can realistically be on top of their kids 24/7. (not saying that going out to a restaurant and leaving three sleeping children alone in a hotel is a good idea...actually, I'm quite baffled as to why a parent would do that...) But- it isn't the parent's fault this happened...some crazy mofo broke into their space and abducted their little girl...that's horrible. As to why she would be more important than any other missing child...I guess it just depends on whether or not the media circle picks up your story. There just isn't enough money in all the world to help every child or person that gets lost or abducted, and that is truly sad, too.

As to their claim that they had never left the children unattended before:
    I find that a little hard to believe. You probably wouldn't leave your kids alone in a strange place for an extended period of time if you hadn't had become comfortable leaving them on their own for any length of time at home. People tend to establish patterns and stretch their comfort zones accordingly.

I don't know if a cash reward could possibly be helpful at this juncture as it seems unlikely that this child would still be alive...but I suppose I'll have to do some more reading.

At any rate, my heart goes out to any parent who has had to suffer such heartbreak.
    "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
    "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Working...
    X