Woman Who Caused Wrong-Way Accident Drunk, High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    Interesting that the article says it was found that she had vodka in her system. You can't test for different brands of alcohol. You can only test for chemicals and all drinking alcohols will result in ethanol.
    It was probably still in her stomach.

Comment

My wife had a heavy equipment operator that could not function sober. He would shake, sweat, couldn't think straight, etc. but put 5 or 6 shots of squeezins in him and he was second to none. He had severals accidents sober but none lit-up, go figure. Unfortunately he had to retire because he contracted colitius from all the drinking.
      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

That's because alcoholics don't always drink to get drunk. Sometimes they can't anymore. They drink to feel "normal".

Comment

Once the body becomes dependant on alcohol the side effects of not having it in the system can be severe, including death.
          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I once got a nice letter when I was about 20 from my Grandma, saying it would be great if us kids could write to our Great-Uncle Sam every once in a while (her brother). The address was something like: "Florida State Federal Penitentiary, Cell Block 15B, Miami, FL."

Very, very carefully, I asked my mother, "...Mom? Is...Uncle Sam in jail?"

Sigh. "Yes, he is, dear."

Well, who's going to let that lie? "Why?"

My mother hemmed and hawed and lit another cigarette, and finally said, "Well...it seems that the State of Florida has mandatory minimum sentencing for involuntary manslaughter..."

My jaw BOUNCED. Eventually, i worked the story free - Uncle Sam was on a heart medication that contained some kind of depressant and was not to be mixed with alcohol. After several beers, he got into his pickup truck and plowed into a guy on a motorcycle on the way out of the parking lot. The biker was killed, and Uncle Sam went up the river.

Still, it was a very strange way to approach the story. Her lead-in had more to do with sentencing, as if the bureaucracy was responsible for his incarceration. She also managed to put some blame at the feet of the victim, saying that if he hadn't been on a motorcycle, he wouldn't have been killed. Both of these approaches seemed more or less beside the point to me - the point being that UNCLE SAM GOT DRUNK AND KILLED SOMEONE WITH HIS TRUCK.

This is how family reacts when this kind of abuse happens. You get my mother, a woman with a million lectures on personal responsibility, trying to apportion shares of the blame for a family tragedy on the victim and the system. Things like that happen to Other People.

Love, Who?

Comment

Originally posted by BroomJockey View Post
              Absolutely not, and your friend should be damned ashamed for cheapening the turmoil that anyone who HAS committed suicide has gone through. <snip>
              Please don't insult my friend. She was surmising as to why someone would do something so crazy. Not "cheapening" the experiences of others.

And there are some crazy batshit mothers who ran cars off of cliffs, kids in the back seat and all, so while it may not be a likely story, it is entirely possible. We don't know. We weren't the drunk behind the wheel- only she knows and she's quite dead.

One way or the other, this woman's actions were extremely horrid and self-centered.

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
              Psychotic maybe, but I don't see suicidal. If it was meant to be suicide, I don't think she would have taken the kids with her.
              Again, it was just open speculation. It's quite tragic. But my sympathy is reserved for the innocent victims who suffered due to this woman binge drinking and getting high before getting behind the wheel. As sad as I am that it ended with so much death, I feel far more for the victims than the woman who chose to cause this through her piss poor judgment and actions.

If she had not died, I would hope she'd have been locked up for a long, long time.

I don't think it was suicide, either. I just thought it was an interesting take on the situation.
              "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
              "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Working...
              X