Man refuses to pay child support for prostitute's child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man refuses to pay child support for prostitute's child

I thought this might be controversial.. so I brought it here to get a response...

really uninformative link about the situation

The title really says it all... (married) man has sex with prostitute, she gets pregnant and has kid. He doesn't think he should have to pay child support, as that goes against the 'contract' he had with her.

So, what do you guys think??

(NB to foreigners, yes, prosititution is legal here, as long as it's a licensed brothel!)
    ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

So, because she's a prostitute, he shouldn't have to pay child support? If you are going to try to get out of child support, at least use a valid argument. "Because she was paid to have sex, not to have a kid" is not a valid argument.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

The only state in the US to have legalized prostitution is Nevada, but only in certain areas (if I'm not mistaken). I still think that the man should pay the child support since it IS his child after all (illegitimate or not).
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Well, what I think is that the guy's parents must be really, really proud of him. What a prince.

Comment

The moral of the story? Make sure your soldier has his rain jacket on!
          Christ, if I was a male I couldn't imagine NOT using a condom with a prostitute, knowing that she's had a bazillion other penises in there carrying god knows what diseases. Shudder....

Comment

I would say it depends on the situation, but given it's illegal to have sex without a condom in a brothel I'd say he's responsible. That being said, if he had reasonable beliefe that she was taking precautions to ensure conception could not take place, then I would argue that no, he shouldn't have to pay.
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

The agreement was to have sex one time with a woman for money. Illegal or not, they had an agreement. It's not his fault the woman who chose sex as a profession isn't responsible about it.

What is there to support HER case? They have a clear cut agreement. "I will pay you money to let me put my penis in your vagina." It wasn't "I will you pay you money to let me put my penis in your vagina, and I will also support the child." It seems pretty clear. Why should he have to pay for her fuck up?

Comment

Because it was his fuck up, too. In fact, it was MORE of his fuck up than hers. The ridiculous turd was married, to a woman who was evidently ill, and had a child by her as well. I'd say the idiot had something to lose. Maybe he should have worn a condom. That is pretty much a no-brainer. Why should he trust her, she's a hooker who owes him nothing, really. He doesn't know her. Yet he trusted her with something THAT important?

I don't have any sympathy for guys who can't be bothered to take care of their own birth control situation and then cry when they end up pregnant. (Yes, I meant to type it that way.) It happens that women are not always honest about such things. It also happens that no birth control is 100 percent effective.

If it was so important to him that he not pay child support, maybe he shouldn't have ridden bareback on a broad that was not his wife.

And about that...he's doing some hooker who lets men fuck her without wearing a condom, then goes back to his wife, who is already sick, and then does her, ALSO without a condom?

Seriously?

He's lucky all that is happening to him is that he's now being hit up for 100 bucks a month or however much it is. I found out some dude was banging me with the same dick he was putting naked into the sewer, I'd fucking have him fed to hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                  The agreement was to have sex one time with a woman for money. Illegal or not, they had an agreement. It's not his fault the woman who chose sex as a profession isn't responsible about it.
                  The reason I brought up the illegal bit is he was claiming that it was a breach of the trade practices act, the trade practices act does not cover illegal transactions.
                  I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                  Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

While I think the guy was stupid, very very stupid for not wearing a condom. And yes I think he should pay up. I think that some of the blame should also fall on the prostitute as well. I honestly don't know what type of protection she was using, but if I was a female prostitute I would definitely want to be on something that had a near zero fail rate and forgetful free. I mean something like the depot shot, noraplant. Because I would not want to have any chance of getting pregnant from any of these scum bags that pay to have sex. Because hell in reality I'm shocked she got any money at all from the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      <snip>...he's doing some hooker who lets men fuck her without wearing a condom, then goes back to his wife, who is already sick, and then does her, ALSO without a condom?

Seriously?

He's lucky all that is happening to him is that he's now being hit up for 100 bucks a month or however much it is. I found out some dude was banging me with the same dick he was putting naked into the sewer, I'd fucking have him fed to hogs.
                      Amen, Sister!

As to the article- it states is that he had sex with the prostitute and that sex without a condom in a brothel is illegal.

By those two statements, we can assume he was not using one. He should pay the child support, as his share of responsibility is at least equal to that of the prostitute's.

For breaking the law, the brothel should also be fined. It's beyond me how you enforce the use of condoms, but I would think that law is in place to protect both the prostitutes and their clients from contracting disease (not just preventing pregnancies).

Anyway. The only way I could maybe see him not having to pay is if he had used a condom and it failed. Do the legal brothels have some kind of workman's comp that pays for pregnancies of failed birth control?

That guy's a scumbag, regardless.
                      "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
                      "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

I guess I just have a twisted set of principles but still see how he should be responsible. All the little details like he's married and he's dumb seem to me to be irrelevant. The fact that his wife is sick doesn't matter either. Even the legality of the situation seems pointless. He decided to have sex for pleasure. Humans do that. I think that very fact that he chose a prostitute pretty much means "No kids". It should be a mutual decision and not just hers. If so damn much of responsibility is his then he should have just as much say about how his sperm is used. If he has no say, then he shouldn't have the responsibility either. I can't see a reasonable way of having one without the other.

Comment

So, according to you Dr Fahrook, is that because people don't agree to have kids, that means that the child should not be supported by both parties?

Then teen dads shouldn't have to pay child support. That wasn't the agreement. A woman is raped and ends up pregnant, the rapist shouldn't pay child support. It wasn't the agreement. That is, if that kind of thing is in place.

So every parent who doesn't have custody of the child shouldn't have to pay child support, when the child wasn't planned because it wasn't part of an agreement.

That is awfully harsh not only on this mother who now has to raise this child alone, but on the child also. Child support is meant to get the kid food,clothing, and other necessities.

Both people agreed to have sex. Sex comes with consequences, children being one of them. Both parties are now responsible.
                          "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Just to throw in a thought, the newspaper only said that unprotected sex is illegal. It doesn't state whether one was used or not.. it doesn't say anything about that either way.

I'd suggest that line is used merely as a throw-away line based on a lack of information, as media are wont to do from time to time.

Whether that changes things or not....????
                            ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

I think this guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. It doesn't matter what the circumstances of any given consensual sexual encounter are, if a child results from the encounter, then both parents are responsible for it.

This guy had sex with a woman, and she got pregnant. No other information is relevent; he's the father, and he has to support his child.

Comment

Working...
                              X