Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie distributers refusing to field movie about Darwin

The movie is called "Creation", description from Imdb.com:

English naturalist Charles Darwin struggles to find a balance between his revolutionary theories on evolution and the relationship with his religious wife, whose faith contradicts his work.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974014/

So far no US distributer wants to touch this move. I wonder why?

On the other hand, I can't help but think, from the movie's absurd title, that someone wasn't trolling for a controversy. What the hell does Darwin's theory have to do with "creation"? Evolution explains the diversity of life, not how it started.

I have no interest in watching the movie, but I'm still annoyed. Especially when that fool Ben Stein, who doesn't even know what the ToE states, Mr. "Science leads to killing", has no trouble getting his propaganda megaflop "Expelled" released. Rottentomatoes.com gave Expelled a 10% rating, the same as Catwoman. Ouch.
    Customer: I need an Apache.
    Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Originally posted by Talon View Post
    So far no US distributer wants to touch this move. I wonder why?
    Honestly? It could be the potential controversy, or it could be:
    - Many BBC films don't get theatrical releases in the US
    - the BBC wants terms that are unfavourable
    - theatres aren't willing to carry it in sufficient numbers to make it worthwhile
    - it's just not a commercially viable film (critical acclaim rarely leads to box office gold)
    - it's revenge for a US film not receiving proper UK handling (yes, distributors are petty like that)
    - the ratings board won't clear it for US release

Unless you can link something that actually cites a source as to why it's being turned down, I'm going to go with "not commercially viable." Especially when you say
    I have no interest in watching the movie,
    Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Working...
    X