X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey look people, it's OK to shoplift!

...but only if you're poor.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0aKnCyjTO

This guy believes that stealing will compensate for society letting down the poor.

What an idiot.

If anything, it will only cause an increase in prices and cause more people to become poor.....>.<

Uh....10 commandments anyone? Did he forget what they were?

Comment

He remembered them, or at least the most relevant one, but says it doesn't apply.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Thou shalt not steal...... unless the economy sucketh.
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Soooo...by his logic, it would be OK to break into his church and steal things? After all, the Church of England had some 4.4 billion pounds at the end of 2008

Comment

The vicar's an idiot, and should be removed from his post. While the Bible instructs us to care for the poor, allowing shoplifting is not what God had in mind.

One of the readers made a good point:
            I work for B&Q and when people steal from the shop it is the staff that lose out on wages - The term B&Q use for it is "shrinkages"
            So if you steal from a large national company you are punishing the people on minimum wage, who choose to work and not go on the dole and break the law ...
            When you steal from a store, you're punishing the working poor on the front lines, not the fat cats at the top of the ladder.
            People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
            If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

So far the comments all seem to be thankfully deriding the vicar as idiotic, with a few even going so far to suggest that they should be stealing from the church, or that the church sell off their stuff to help the needy....

Comment

No, no, no!

You're missing the point. When he said that people should help the poor more, he didn't mean HIMSELF, or his congregation. He meant other people. Just like a lot of people I know. Everyone thinkls that it's a good idea to help people in need. They just want other people to do it.

Comment

Working...
                X