No announcement yet.

The "Underwear Bomber"...and yet more security checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm doing any long-distance travel, I'll take the train...and there aren't any bathroom restrictions either
    I haven't been to the restroom on a modern train, so this may not apply anymore, but I do remember ONE bathroom restriction: the sign said not to flush while the train was in the station And with good reason, too.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
      In freakin' America, we now wish to discriminate, sometimes against our own citizens, because of their faith and/or heritage. This is so so so wrong.
      What do you mean now?

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
      Hell, the British attacked the White House, so I guess we should start setting up extra security in Heathrow, right?
      No, just stop the poms flying.
      I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
      Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/ny...watchlist.html
        This is what the TSA does with your tax money. They fucking body search 8-year olds.
        This is what you have instead of security. A bunch of low-paid clowns hired to pretend that they somehow make you safer by, amongs other things, patting down 8-year olds, trying to steal Medal Of Honors from WW2 veterans, and feeling up pretty young ladies in a way that is sure to make your blood boil.

Comment

In this case man that is BS however people forget that old people and children have been used as suicide bombers.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
            In this case man that is BS however people forget that old people and children have been used as suicide bombers.
            In the US? Also, the old guy who almost got robbed of his medal, that was the only issue. A 90-year old man, who was only deemed suspicious because the trained monkey that manned the security desk at the airport felt that a Medal of Honor was a dangerous object, and because it was in his pocket, which is understandable, since I wouldn't want something truely irreplaceable to be in the checked-in luggage. No telling what someone might pilfer from the bag somewhere along the line.
            The point is that nothing that's being done makes the passengers safer, after all, the Crotch-bomber got aboard, right? What I've heard repeated mostly is to learn from the Israelis. They apparently check for behavior in the check-in lines (and obviously they also have an active intelligence that investigates).
            In this case it's nuts that this guy got a visa with such ease. From what I've read, he exhibited a number of suspicious things that went on before he boarded that flight...

Comment

Originally posted by Skelly View Post
              In the US? ..
              By fanatics. I am sorry we are talking suicide bombers here not Mr. Rogers. People who are already by definition are mentally unbalanced are not going to go, "Oh I am in the US I better not use women and children."

In fact as it is now, with the exception of this kid, kids make the best weapons. Heck as a kid I could spy, cheat, steal, etc more because I was just a kid and they are all innocent.

Especially with our children are sacred keep them away from the adults culture it would be easy to weaponize them.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Working...
              X