Bus Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Behavior

I don't like talking to strangers when I am on my way home and there is no reason to. If I acknowledge I can hear these people they won't stop talking to me until my ear is a bloody mess.

Yesterday I happened to forget my head phones and was watching a movie on my laptop using closed captioning so I could keep it muted and not disturb my fellow passengers.

Sadly this specific person heard me talking so knew I could hear. Now at one point he started telling me that my keys were hanging out of my backpack, quick feel told me I was right they were still in my pants pocket and I ignored him.

I had no wish to engage in speech with him. I continued to ignore him and he got angry about it and started insulting me before dropping it.

Was I in the wrong for ignoring him or was he in the wrong for feeling that I am under some obligation to engage him in conversation?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

If you're ignoring him and he keeps on talking, then in my humble opinion, he's an idiot.

He was bored and wanted you to entertain him. When you wouldn't, he got "insulted".

He was most definitely in the wrong!
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

That, or he was somebody who really ought to be in the nut house. Met a few of those. One crazy old bitch who took offence to my baseball cap with the logo of a Swedish punk band. . I half regret that I didn't call the local psych ward to come and have her fitted for a hug-myself-jacket...

Comment

I enjoy meeting new people from time to time, but most people have enough common sense to know that if a person isn't responding warmly, then you should probably stop trying to engage them. Your bus guy was rude.
        A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Working...
        X