Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News and Haiti Earthquake

http://pantagraph.com/news/opinion/m...cc4c002e0.html

Ya know, that would make me WANT to watch Fox News. I'm tired of hearing about freaking Haiti and the amount of aid going there. At least some other countries are taking the ball instead of the US leading everything. Even though it is the US's partner in crap, Israel.

Hey, CNN, NBC, ABC and CBS: THERE IS OTHER NEWS THAN HAITI. Yes, an earthquake is bad, there is still other news going on though.

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
    http://pantagraph.com/news/opinion/m...cc4c002e0.html

Ya know, that would make me WANT to watch Fox News. I'm tired of hearing about freaking Haiti and the amount of aid going there. At least some other countries are taking the ball instead of the US leading everything. Even though it is the US's partner in crap, Israel.

Hey, CNN, NBC, ABC and CBS: THERE IS OTHER NEWS THAN HAITI. Yes, an earthquake is bad, there is still other news going on though.
    Then why not watch Fox News? It's literally all they do, bashing Obama. It's really not much of a news show anymore anyway.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

The Brits will have to correct me if I'm wrong

I've always liked the BBC. They truly report things all around the globe. From Australia, Japan, India, Africa, South America, Europe, North America, etc. And then they cover what's going on in the UK.
      Whereas American news media tends to cover news in America and then the latest crisis (1 or 2 at a time).
      Seems to me the BBC covers about 85% news around the world and 15% in the UK, whereas the America media only covers maybe about 15% around the world (unless there's a crisis that will raise their ratings, and additional commentary), and 85% about what's going on in America.

Then you wonder why Americans can't find other countries on a map? I don't.

Comment

I just hate the American news anyhow. All they do is report the latest crisis.

Comment

I haven't been watching the news, because I don't like being constantly smacked on the head with the same crap over and over. However, Fox News is just a joke. They're nothing but a mouthpiece for fundie Republicans. Bleh. I wish I got BBC America but...my only other option is CNN. Which isn't too bad most days.

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
            Has Fox News actually made this argument in response to its critics?
            If so that might actually give me a micro-scintilla of a reason to watch them. But it's far more likely they just do their usual screech-monkey waah-mbulance routine of "Teh evil librul media is out to persecute poor us", or "They're just jealous because of our high ratings" routine. Usually both at the same time, completely ignoring the contradiction in the two arguments.
            Customer: I need an Apache.
            Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

This is why I watch the young turks, network news is all spin, every single network has a bias, some will just admit it more than others.
              I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Working...
              X