• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern California schools pull dictionary

Because they have the definition of oral sex in them

As one person in the article says:

Originally posted by article
    "What are they going to do next, pull encyclopaedias because they list parts of the human anatomy like the penis and vagina?"
    I hope this ban is considered illegal! WTF is wrong with people these days?
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Pull 1984 it might teach the kids what these adults are trying to do.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Come on! Half the fun in school was looking up dirty words and reading the definition out loud as the rest snickered quietly in the library!

Its where I learned "fellatio"..not literally, of course. Lol.

Comment

Um, as far as I am aware, 'literally' means that it is written, so learning about fellatio from the written word is completely safe to say in that meaning.

Learning it physically, of course, could lead to people shushing your other half.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

There are several different dictionaries out there, some do not include definitions of 'fellatio' or 'cunnilingus' in them.

Yes, I've looked. I also wonder what other words they drop out of their dictionary.

Comment

Pull Huckelberry Fin and Tom Sawyer!

Pull "Songs of the South"!

Oh, wait...

Stupid. Really stupid - how the F* are students supposed to look up the meaning of words now?

Comment

The internet?
              And we all know what's out there on the internet...

Comment

*Sifting through new Californian dictionaries* Funny I can't find the word censor.
                Jack Faire
                Friend
                Father
                Smartass

Comment

This puts a whole new spin on wishing they could all be Californian girls doesn't it?
                  The Internet Is One Big Glass House

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
                    Because they have the definition of oral sex in them
                    I presume it also defines sexual intercourse -- but there's no mention of any reaction to that, and I cannot imagine how such a thing could be defined in less "graphic" terms that their entry for oral sex.

Their reaction is bizarre and inconsistent.

Comment

Could be worse. They could have dropped dictionaries defining the word "cunnilingus", but left the ones with "fellatio" intact.
                      Customer: I need an Apache.
                      Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

The article says:

The dictionary's online definition of the term is "oral stimulation of the genitals".
                        Hmm...Is this definition
                        a) extremely graphic?
                        b) fun to read out loud for giggles?
                        c) likely to encourage kids to have oral sex?
                        d) useful if you were interested in oral sex but weren't quite sure of the best way to go about it?

Let's see...
                        a) no.
                        b) not particularly, unless you find the word genitals to be inherently funny.
                        c) in my opinion, it's too technical to make it seem appealing.
                        d) no.

Grow up, parents. Your pwecious snowfwake probably already knows all about sex, you just don't want to admit it. (Obviously not the parents commenting here!)

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                        I presume it also defines sexual intercourse -- but there's no mention of any reaction to that, and I cannot imagine how such a thing could be defined in less "graphic" terms that their entry for oral sex.

Their reaction is bizarre and inconsistent.
                        But...but...kids might have oral sex! OMG! It's the end of the world! Oh, wait, see points c) and d) above.

Comment

Originally posted by Savannah View Post
                          Grow up, parents. Your pwecious snowfwake probably already knows all about sex, you just don't want to admit it. (Obviously not the parents commenting here!)
                          I am just very glad my daughter is still at that stage where witnessing two people kissing causes her to go, "Ew"
                          Jack Faire
                          Friend
                          Father
                          Smartass

Comment

I just had a quick thought. When I was little and was looking up these words, I was looking them up because I already knew what they meant. It was just funny to see them in an academic view.

Am I alone on this?
                            The key to an open mind is understanding everything you know is wrong.

my blog
                            my brother's

Comment

Joe Hx,
                              No, you are not alone.
                              Didn't do it for academic kicks, exactly, I like reading dictionaries. And I prefer full editions to abridged editions of any books.

Comment

Working...
                              X