Military Hospitals/Doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Hospitals/Doctors

While replying to a post at CS, I was reminded of why I hate Military Hospitals/Doctors .

I have had many bad experiences with Military Doctors. Many of them have no clue what they're doing.

Back in 1992, I was in a car accident (the car was totaled -only hit on the passenger side & I was the passenger). My right knee decided to "kiss" the dashboard and I ended up in the back of an ambulance going to the local hospital to get it looked at/have a brace put on it. That was fun - not. For months afterwards I had problems with my knee just giving out for no apparent reason. (Just walking on level ground, laying down and then getting up, etc.) I ended up going to the Military Hospital, to have the joint looked at. The doctor ordered a Bone Test for me. (I had to drink radioactive stuff and then the dye had to work through me and then they looked at. the. knee. bone. NOT the joint itself, not the ligaments, etc. around it, but the BONE). Needless to say, they couldn't figure out what was wrong with my knee and basically said it was all my imagination.

I went in for a bad back. (I have a tendency to strain my back, sneeze & throw out my back). I had all my symptoms, and the doctor felt I had kidney problems. My parents took me to a civilian doctor and he diagnosed my back problem (AND gave me wonderful meds) in like 2 minutes flat.

I wear glasses. I have a weak eye muscle and that causes me to see double without my glasses. My current eye doctor (whom I LOVE) told me I can do eye exercises to strengthen my eye muscle. The military doctors? They said nothing could help me in that category.

When you're in the military, you really have no choice but to go to Military Doctors/Hospitals. Let me tell you, all other aspects of military life is wonderful, but the hospitals/doctors/clinics suck. With the exception of the Dermatologist, the experiences are all bad.
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

You know, I've never heard of a positive experience at a military hospital.
    Makes me very nervous about going there myself.

Comment

I've never had a problem in a military hospital, and believe me, I've spent more than my fair share of time in them. It's the military dentists that are evil and incompetent. I've had the inside of my mouth sliced open by x-ray slides as they forced them in, cavities drilled before the novacaine set in, etc.

Great experiences with Military Doctors. Bad with Military Dentists.

CH
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Different strokes for different folks.

As I said, this was my experience with the doctors. I don't think I've ever been to a Military Dentist.

The only time the doctors were right about anything were my ear infections. So I had to have my adnoids removed and tubes put in my ears around the age of 2. Otherwise, bad doctor after bad doctor.
        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Comment

It really depends upon the doctors, nurses and staff. I've had good and bad experiences. The first time I got blown up I kept getting infections until I refused to let them touch me until they washed their hands and put on fresh gloves, then I got better. The second time I got blown up everything went as well as could be expected although they did very little to minimize scaring. I got the first three gun-shot-wounds treated by the platoon medic, the last GSW was treated by my sister and wife.
          I've been trying to get hip and replacement surgery. My insurance wants me to have it done via the VA. Won't cost the company anything nor me (monitarily) but I know their reputation and I refuse the VA option, I'd rather do without than go there. I've told the wife to shoot me before taking me there even though I'll be dead at least it will be a lot quicker.
          Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Yeah .. My mom's older brother was military during the 70s for a brief time. He had work done on his knee. The military doc was so out of it from being sick, whatever he did to the knee was really bad and eventually he had to have even more knee therapy/surgeries to correct it. If he had been a civilian doc, he woud have been able to sue for malpractice, but in the 70s, and considering he was a military doc? Nothing could be done.

Comment

Working...
            X