No announcement yet.

Sex Offender Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I must be scum. My wife is 13 years younger than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
      I guess I must be scum. My wife is 13 years younger than I am.
      Is she a teenager? blas isn't saying people in May-December relationship are scum. She's saying older guys who date girls in their teens and the girls aren't even close to 18 are scum.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I think on a lot of these cases you have to look at the individuals and not the numbers. A 20 and a 16 together might sound really gross and disgusting, but how do you know how mature the 16 is until you get to know her? Just because some guy wrote down on a piece of paper that anyone caught fucking someone under the age of 18 is an automatic pedophile doesn't make it so.

Comment

My issue with the registry is that people who shouldn't be on the list are suddenly popping up on it (grade school kids are on the list for smacking a classmate's butt as a joke) while people who should be on the list are getting out on a loophole and allowed to go to areas they should be banned from and offend again.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
            My issue with the registry is that people who shouldn't be on the list are suddenly popping up on it (grade school kids are on the list for smacking a classmate's butt as a joke) while people who should be on the list are getting out on a loophole and allowed to go to areas they should be banned from and offend again.
            Exactly! I agree 100% The creeps and perverts are not appearing on the list a lot of times. But innocent things like you mentioned or the one night stand of the teenage girl who suddenly regrets her actions are on the list and it should never be IMO.

Comment

I never said you're scum for having an age difference in your relationship. Once you're a legal adult, things change.

If I could go back and do it again, I would have not had sex until I was at least 17 or even 18 years old. I regret every day just giving myself away to a 17 year old pervert who saw an easy target from a mile away, and then a few 18+ year old perverts after that. Young teens is not mature enough to handle sex, let alone the emotions that go with being intimate with a person, and I realize that now as a young adult woman.

We could argue from sunrise to sunset about girls maturing faster than boys, or that some girls aren't easy and naive and not every 17+ year old guy is a perv for dating younger teen girls. Every situation is different, but I think it's best that when you're young, you stick to dating people your own age and only go with what is comfortable for you. And no, it's not cute or sexy that an 18 year old guy thinks you're hot when you're 14, or a 22 year old guy wants your number when you're 16. He should be at the bar picking up women his own age, not scavenging high school aged girls. It's not flattering at all, looking back on it. When I was young, I thought it was cool and sexy. It's not. They don't want you. They want to have sex with you. They are immature and perverts, and they know that most young teen girls still have a certain...precociousness to them, many are naive, many are easy, and they know that nearly all of them love attention from older teen and adult guys.

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point because I still don't agree that you can call one scum without the other being scum, and IMO it doesn't make the other person a pervert either.

IMO this is the whole problem with the sex registry. It is too preoccupied with situations like young girl older guy or young guy older girl, then with protecting actual victims. JMO.

Comment

That I will agree with you on, whole heartedly. There are some really piddly things that can get you deemed a "sex offender".

While I may be more conservative on these matters, I do not think one should be a sex offender or online because they got caught peeing outside of a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                    That I will agree with you on, whole heartedly. There are some really piddly things that can get you deemed a "sex offender".
                    ITA again 100% We do agree on some things Thanks for the debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X