I don't know why but I'm still peeved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why but I'm still peeved

OK essentially I made a mistake and got canned from a forum details are here :
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=24164

As I said, I admit I didn't read the rules properly/forgot what the rules were as there are so many different ones, that shit happens and you can get wires crossed and slip up. SO go ahead and slam me for it if you must, but it won't change the fact I've accepted my slip up.

I am aware that some forums probably have a no tolerance policy and basically it's you make one mistake and your out.

As someone who doesn't run my own forum, I don't generally know whats goes on all the time, and why some of these policies are in place. However I would have thought that out of courtesy they would let me know? OR at least give me a warning being a new member. When banning someone do people normally get at least one warning?

I really don't think what I did was offensive. I was asking a question about a friend who was having problems. What I've been banned for is using "B*tch"....thats it...I used "B*tch"...I'm just...a little put off thats all well specifically I referred to two of the people causing my friend problems as B*tch1 and B*tch2...

The ban was instant. Yet when I politely (and no, I'm not lieing I was polite what would be the point of being rude when I would actually like, maybe in the future, to be let back on?) sent them an email requesting a explanation. I get ignored. Nothing. This was my very very first offense on this forum. And I personally think it was minor. I wasn't threatening anyone, it was nothing to do with politics, I wasn't berating or insulting anyone on the forum. In fact I have seen posts on that forum that HAVE insulted or been threatening. Yet I'm canned for using B*tch.

Anyways the reason this went here is it could spark arguments...so yeah...ooo and I'm now suchislife2 because I forgot my password and couldn't seem to get the password changing thingamig (yes so technical) to work. and NO it was not this forum that I got canned from

Some people are extremely sensitive.

At one point, I was having an email exchange (this was way before common IM programs) with a person I only knew very casually, and suddenly got no responses at all. I presumed she'd been called away and thought nothing of it, but then our friend - who happened to be the head of the ISP we were using - told me what had happened.

He'd gotten this incredibly irate email insisting that he ban such a foul-mouthed creature as me from the Internet. I was, apparently, worse than the scum on rotten milk, worse than stable leavings - I was totally dreadful.

My horrible crime?

I called myself a bitch.

Yes, I dared use that word in conversation. At all. How horrible.

Comment

On the bright side, do you really want to be hanging out at a forum where you can't say bitch without someone getting their panties in a wad?

Comment

AFPheonix, your probably right. I don't think it's really all that fun being part of a forum that will ban you out right for slipping up once.

What gets me peeved is that it's a blanket IP ban. SO you can NEVER register again. I had tried to register on my friends computer because I thought it was a mistake at first. STUPIDLY used the same email. And now my friends computer has the blanket IP ban and she can't ever use the site again.

Thats what I find more revolting about it all. You screw up once. You get banned, no warning AT ALL. Then your never given another chance, and anyone who is innocent gets banned as well.

It's a screwed up system. Even emailing them about it has resulted in jack all!

SO yeah. I never want to be a part of that forum again!

Comment

Working...
        X