Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHHHHHH the lovely Homeland Security....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHHHHHH the lovely Homeland Security....

strikes again.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...ist%2F19532082

this time they have a 6 year old on their no fly list even though she has been flying since she was 2 months old. the family even took a trip to Mexico back in Feb and there were no problems. Homeland Security is now checking international flyers AND domestic flyers as well.

No reason given but the veil of "State Screctes" used and the parents appeal had been turned down.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

I saw that.

I have to wonder if it's a computer glitch and they're not admitting it, or one of the distant family members is a terrorist....

Comment

There's a terrorist out there with the exact first-middle-last name of my step father, and my step father is also mexican. He flies a lot for business and, at first, had trouble getting through security.
      The key to an open mind is understanding everything you know is wrong.

my blog
      my brother's

Comment

First off, I can't believe they only checked the no-fly list for international flights only, the whole 9/11 was DOMESTIC flights so that is another fail. Oh, and I'm wondering how they process this list because obviously it has to be somewhere so do they send all the same to some super computer that spits back if a person isn't allowed to fly? Also, um really WTF good is this no fly list since they let the girl on,that actually pisses me off and some bureaucrat let her on. They really need a zero tolerance policy because what if she was 18 would they have still let her on? How are they to know she isn't a genetically engineered sleeper capable of breaking down a cock pit door.

I am all for more racial profiling on flights because well they going out of the way to avoid any Muslim yet target old women who can barely walk. Shoe bomber wasn't an old lady, and miss daisy wasn't parked in times square

Comment

Well...yea, I've got nothing. Pretty freaking ridiculous.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
            I am all for more racial profiling on flights because well they going out of the way to avoid any Muslim yet target old women who can barely walk.
            Muslim=/= race it's a religion so anyone could be Muslim you really can't "religion profile" can you? Not with 1.57 billion of them and that is 25% of the total world population.

Uzbekistan is 90% Muslim-most of them are Caucasian, and they speak Uzbek and Russian as it is a former part of the Soviet Union.

so yeah racial profiling does not work for religious beliefs.

Here's a nice little list of the Muslim would population by country-and just FYI only 20% of Muslims live in Arab countries-so there goes your little "racial profiling" theory right out the window.

Heck Chad, Niger, Nigeria, and Somlia are all Muslim majority...Africans are not Arabian, or would you just check all "brown people". Again Uzbeks are not "brown", Italians are, but they're mostly Roman Catholic.... Heck me with a slight tan was darker than my Uzbek Muslim friend Aleve-you can't racial profile something that isn't a race.....

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
            Shoe bomber wasn't an old lady, and miss daisy wasn't parked in times square
            and John Walker Lindh was a 20 year old American white male....
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

um I think insertNameHere was being sarcastic.
              The key to an open mind is understanding everything you know is wrong.

my blog
              my brother's

Comment

My brother's ex-wife had trouble flying because she has the same full name as some relative or other of the nut running North Korea. I have no idea if this is still the case because fortunately none of us have heard from her in years.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

You can't racially profile Muslims unfortanantly but I wouldn't mind if the profiled on the fact that few terrorists are 70 year old grandmothers. How about checking out the younger guy with the huge beard instead of Nanna Beatrix.

Comment

Two nitpicks on the terrorist issue:

#1: Terrorist =/= Muslim or Arab. While I'm aware that they would be common in the US, Aum Shinrikyo would be an example of a terrorist group to an extent-their attack was meant to kill as many folks as possible and is differentiated from freedom fighting (sometimes mistaken for terrorism) by the fact that they weren't aiming to overthrow the government in power. Terrorism does not have a skin colour. It does not have a race, a religion or a culture. Hell, David Hicks was Australian and convicted of terrorism (the only nitpick on that one would be he DID convert to Islam, however this was in 1999, well before the events of 9/11)

#2-there's a possibility that any terrorist group could use a white woman or an elderly lady to do illegal stuff for them.....

Comment

In responce to number 2, is there any evidence of this ever happening? They might also fill a cement milk and launch a devestating attack on the nation's cookie factories but that doesn't mean we better start checking cement mixers.

Comment

For number 1, it's very true. Google "Christian terrorists" and you'll find some very interesting results, including some in the US itself that seems to get away with their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post
                          In responce to number 2, is there any evidence of this ever happening? They might also fill a cement milk and launch a devestating attack on the nation's cookie factories but that doesn't mean we better start checking cement mixers.
                          Not necessarily in terrorist actions but Vietnam. In wars it is common to have the "innocent" carry explosives to the target.

Thus it is not unheard of to use the people one would never suspect to place explosives.

Honestly most organizations would eventually stop using the people being profiled and start using the people not being checked.
                          Jack Faire
                          Friend
                          Father
                          Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post
                            In responce to number 2, is there any evidence of this ever happening?
                            yup-Nezar Hindawi was jailed in 1986 for planting a bomb in April of that year in the hand luggage of his pregnant Irish fiancee as she was about to board a Tel Aviv-bound El Al plane at London's Heathrow airport. The bomb was detected by El Al security.
                            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
                            X