No announcement yet.

Why does the U.S.A...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I can come up with a scenario that would make sense to lordlundar, given that he seems to think no one from the US should make mistakes in giving forging aid. So here’s a go.

I’m a Haiti 13 year old child left homeless due to a huge earthquake. I along with a bunch of other kids have been taken from the orphanage to an Airlift. Most of the other kids are being taken away on the plane, but me and 11 other kids are being told that we cant go on. Something about not having the right paperwork. The sisters begging that we be taken with the other kids to safety, but guys at the airstrip are refusing. They say that we have to go back to the orphanage. The orphanage that is understaffed, undersupplied. What electricity goes in and out. Clean running water is unheard of. I don’t think Sister knows where to get food for us. I don’t know where my parents are, I don’t know what’s going to happen to me from day to day. Life was hard before the quake, but this mindless need for paperwork is making things worse.

If you bother to read the article it does say that the 12 children’s parents or relatives have gone on record as relinquishing custody and allowing there adoption by U.S. families. Even if they’ve changed their minds and want them back, at the time of the disaster what would you have done? Told the kids sorry, but there’s no paperwork for you so go back to your slum? Or let the chips fall and make sure that their lives were out of danger?

Comment

Working...
    X