How Is This Even Legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    Taxes are what they're worried about? Seriously? I understand the need for taxes, but this is just ridonkulous.
    Well, for the government to function, it needs money. If you deprive it of your money, there would be no roads, no schools, a lot less food, nothing to help you out in disasters, etc. etc.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Taxes are what they're worried about? Seriously? I understand the need for taxes, but this is just ridonkulous.
      Well the other option they were looking at was making the online sellers collect the proper taxes from the shipping address and send it to the municipality at the end of the year-and yes tobacco taxes are big business. If they had gone with this option they were looking at doing it for anything purchased online or by mail order-so anyone with any sort of interstate business would have to comply with all the tax laws for every state they shipped to-which is more worthy of ridicule?

State taxes per pack of cigs in
      WI-2.52 per pack
      NY-4.35 per pack

Heck you buy from the Seneca tribe you skip out on federal taxes as well-they were selling online.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        Well, for the government to function, it needs money. If you deprive it of your money, there would be no roads, no schools, a lot less food, nothing to help you out in disasters, etc. etc.
        As I said, I understand the need for taxes, but this kind of stuff goes too far.

Comment

As I said, I understand the need for taxes, but this kind of stuff goes too far.
          How does it go too far? The people buying the products are obviously doing something illegal-tax evasion-and the government is doing what is necessary and proper for it to collect the taxes. Either that, or they could fine all the online buyers for tax evasion. Which seems the fairer choice?

Comment

Why? Smoking is one thing people definitely don't need to survive so why not tax the hell out of it?
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Is there a link to this article? I'm intrigued...I can see how buying cigs over the internet would cause a fuss cause of the avoidance of taxes. But I buy electronic cigs over the internet (I thought there were banned from local sale in my state of Oregon, but there is a stand in the mall near work so I guess not). E cigs are not the same as regular cigs there is NO tobacco. It's nicotine vapor. And these things are keeping me from smoking real cigarettes for the first time in 30 years. They are saving me and my lungs. And they work better for me than nicotine patches, although they are basically equal to that.

They better NOT ban e cigs.....I really don't understand why people are so upset over them...they don't give off secondhand smoke...the fact that I use them doesn't affect anyone else AT ALL. And it keeps me from being a smoker.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I can't find a link to the direct newspaper article, I'm not sure where coworker got it. I searched the archives as of the past couple weeks on the local papers here and it's not in them.

For sure, it's cigarettes. I agree the E ciggs shouldn't be involved, but then again, no one is even allowed to smoke those in any bars or restaurants here, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  I'm really surprised there isn't more control over prescriptions online. I feel like that's so easily scammable.
                  I'm rather glad that there isn't......mainly because I get my asthma medication shipped over from Europe, and because I'm using a generic version which isn't available in the US, I can see where there might be some potential problems.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                    For sure, it's cigarettes. I agree the E ciggs shouldn't be involved, but then again, no one is even allowed to smoke those in any bars or restaurants here, so I wouldn't be surprised.
                    Ok now that's bs....there is absolutely no reason why you can't use the e cigs in bars or restaurants...don't they realize that there is NO SMOKE. So nothing happens to the air. I'm afraid I'd be getting in trouble then....I dealt with many years of not being able to smoke here or smoke there....I'll be dammed if I will put up with it now with e cigs. They can just bite me
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Not only is it a tax evasion concern but the underaged are also a concern.

Now according to the Vice-President it all our duties to pay our taxes not only our fair share but then some. So I take that to mean that all Obama voters should be standing in line to pay more than their fair share, afterall it's the patriotic thing to do.
                      Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
                        Not only is it a tax evasion concern but the underaged are also a concern.

Now according to the Vice-President it all our duties to pay our taxes not only our fair share but then some. So I take that to mean that all Obama voters should be standing in line to pay more than their fair share, afterall it's the patriotic thing to do.
                        Sure, I have no problem with that. Except my paycheck isn't tax-deductable

Comment

Working...
                        X