Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen Queen Dethroned for Dyeing Hair

Teen Pageant Winner Decrowned After Dyeing Hair Brown

I've heard nightmarish stories about the people that run pageants, but this just seems absurd.

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
    Teen Pageant Winner Decrowned After Dyeing Hair Brown

I've heard nightmarish stories about the people that run pageants, but this just seems absurd.

CH
    I'm guessing it's to maintain the status quo-that is, if you're not blonde, vain and force-fed lines, you suck at life.

Comment

The winner is suppose to stay the same as when they won for the period they have the crown. Its to stop a pagent winner from winner, presenting themself as a represenative of the organization, and then taking up an appearence that goes against the organization's ideals. This might be a minor case but it could be a huge problem if the winner shaved swatsika's in her head or something.

Comment

I was going to post this but you beat me to it, crashhelmet!

I'm going with RedPanda on this one sort of.

If it's explicity stated in the rules of the pageant you have to keep your look up, I can understand why the pageant officials were angry. What if she gained 50 pounds after non stop "I'm not in a pagaent any more" eating binge, or even the flip side, "I'm beautiful and won this pageant at this weight, maybe I'll be even more beautiful and win more titles if I lost even more weight!"

And if they drastically changed themselves with plastic surgery?

However, I think dying hair from blonde to brunette isn't something to get their nose out of joint about. And I think the pageant over-reacted.
        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

The pageant over-reacted, but....I'm not surprised. The whole pageant industry is so completely ridiculous that I can't be sympathetic towards those who go into it voluntarily. These girls* sign away their right to individuality, because that doesn't win pageants. Vapidity, falseness, conformity to ridiculous standards of beauty, and blowing the judges wins pageants.

*Why is it always girls? Why not put guys in ridiculous outfits and parade them around, judging on looks alone? Oh, and the bathing suit competition? Speedos only.

Comment

Because pageants are for shallow girls who need to be told they are pretty. Guys that need that kind of reassurance just date girls with low self esteem.

Comment

Why not put guys in ridiculous outfits and parade them around, judging on looks alone? Oh, and the bathing suit competition? Speedos only.

Doesn't fit their target audience.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Wow, that pagent lady was a bitch for telling her she had an attitude problem and that she wouldn't get far in life. Just because she wouldn't conform to others standards she's going to be a failure? What a control freak bitch.

And if she already won the pagent, how can they say she's no longer a winner after the fact? Guess it all worked out in the end though.

Comment

Olivia admitted that she had in fact dyed her blond hair dark, and said that if she wasn't allowed to dye her hair, then maybe pageant life wasn't for her.
                  Good for her! Someone needs to show those pricks that they can not dominate the worlds of these teenagers and young women just for their own benefit. Ever watch what happens to pageant winners? It's not that far removed from slavery.

We reached out to Jevan Goulter ourselves for a comment on O'Neil's standing. He responded, "I would like to make very clear that Olivia never had her crown taken off--she gave it back. The organization never removed it from her." Goulter continued, "It was never about her changing her hair color. It was about the attitude and the communication breakdown."
                  Oh really? That's very interesting for this person to say that. Especially in light of...

Pageant spokesman Jevan Goulter confirmed with The Herald that her crown was stripped because of the hair dye.
                  Can't even keep their stories straight. That's a special kind of stupid there.
                  “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

I know that with pageants you have to uphold yourself in a dignified manner in terms of conduct and fulfill your duties and obligations as well (i.e. appear at sponsored events or community events tied with the pagent as Ms. <insert pageant winner tile>. But being forced to hand over the crown for dyeing their hair is just ridiculous, IMO.
                    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                      Well, there's the possibility that the Herald may have put its own spin on things, something the media is infamous for.

Rapscallion
                      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post

Technically, it wasn't a mistruth. It seems that she wasn't allowed to dye her hair (which in the essence of a pageant, makes some sense to me) and she ended up doing it anyway. The act was dyeing her hair, but the reason was for disobeying the rules they gave her.

To analogize[sic] it, I'm going to reference myself. If I am ordered to get a buzz-cut at a "zero" setting to keep my hair short, and I get it at a "one" then I am in trouble for disobeying an order, not because I got a certain haircut.

Comment

Yes. I think the pageant wasn't upset that she had dyed her hair per-se, they were upset that she disobeyed rules. If you say you're going to follow their rules, then you break them, I don't see why they shouldn't get upset over that.
                          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                          X