• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Offender Fail

Part 1, this was back from August/September

http://www.wsaw.com/sunrise7/headlines/102054928.html

And this is Part 2, from later last week

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/105189824.html

Why do we show leniency towards these people, why do they get such cheap bail/bond, and how in the world are they able to get a job around children when they are not ONLY a registered sex offender, but a very recognizeable person to the public (in these podunk areas, DJs are like celebrities). Come ON NOW, seriously!!!

Oh, by the way, if it wasn't mentioned in part 1 or part 2, this guy used to live in Colorado where he was a registered sex offender. He did not register when he came to Wisconsin, which is probably how he got the DJ job. It was only discovered after he videotaped the young ladies that they were able to find that he was a sexual predator, and got him registered in Wisconsin.

Why do we show leniancy to the accused? (To the best of my knowledge he hasn't yet been convicted of the video offence..?)

It's simple.

You're innocent until proven guilty, it's a cornerstone of the UK and US criminal justice system, and as an innocent man (which he currently is on this offence) he is entitled to his liberty upon payment of bond.

Yes there is a history of other, abhorrant, offences however on this offence he is innocent until such time as he is found guilty in a court.
    The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

What I want to know is why you can molest and rape your stepdaughter for 5 years and get less than 2 years in prison [yes, that's an actual case]...but you do ANYTHING with drugs and you're facing life or the death penalty. What the fuck.

Fine, you're "innocent until proven guilty." Then why is it AFTER you're proven guilty, you still get shit for a punishment? 18 months in jail? Whoop-de-do.
      "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

^Yeah, and that part's not cool either. There should be balance.
        "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
          What I want to know is why you can molest and rape your stepdaughter for 5 years and get less than 2 years in prison [yes, that's an actual case]...but you do ANYTHING with drugs and you're facing life or the death penalty. What the fuck.
          Since when do druggies face the death penalty for drug offenses? The ONLY way to get the death penalty is in murder cases.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

What I want to know is why you can molest and rape your stepdaughter for 5 years and get less than 2 years in prison [yes, that's an actual case]...but you do ANYTHING with drugs and you're facing life or the death penalty.
            welcome to the "tough on crime" DAs that got elected due to that stance but no one batted an eye when congress passed mandatory minimum sentencing laws for drug offenses only. You can plea bargain, that is plead guilty to a lesser charge, and save the taxpayers money on a trial, no matter what your crime; unless it falls under the mandatory minimum sentencing laws, which only apply to drugs.
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
              Since when do druggies face the death penalty for drug offenses? The ONLY way to get the death penalty is in murder cases.
              I don't think it was in the U.S., I think it was another country. [Australia, maybe??] But still, you can face a lot of jail time for drug offenses. And basically get off [no pun intended] for sex offenses in like a year. And you know, that's fine when it's just that you were peeing outside or you're 18 and have a 17-year-old bf/gf and someone freaked. But I also remember, not that long ago, [although I can't remember the specifics of the case] how someone raped a 5-year-old...and their defense was that the 5-year-old was provocative. A five-year-old. I don't even think they were found guilty...or if they were, they only got like a year or two. That is wrong.

Mandatory minimum sentencing laws should apply to a hell of a lot more than drugs. Like, I don't know...murder and sexual assault, maybe?

Comment

Come on guys, this isn't about a guy who had sex with his teenaged girlfriend or peed outside. This is an older man who was caught videotaping teenaged girls changing their clothes, and then showed just how much he wanted to make things right by getting a job at a family amusement park, which is a no no.

Comment

I don't think it was in the U.S., I think it was another country. [Australia, maybe??] But still, you can face a lot of jail time for drug offenses. And basically get off [no pun intended] for sex offenses in like a year. And you know, that's fine when it's just that you were peeing outside or you're 18 and have a 17-year-old bf/gf and someone freaked. But I also remember, not that long ago, [although I can't remember the specifics of the case] how someone raped a 5-year-old...and their defense was that the 5-year-old was provocative. A five-year-old. I don't even think they were found guilty...or if they were, they only got like a year or two. That is wrong.

Mandatory minimum sentencing laws should apply to a hell of a lot more than drugs. Like, I don't know...murder and sexual assault, maybe?
                  Singapore hangs drug smugglers. Malaysia does the same (execute them that is. I do think the Malaysians shoot them though).

Comment

COuple of nitpicks with Eisa and Skelly-Australia does not do capital punishment at all-the last time that happened was in 1967 and the death penalty was abolished in 1985.

Singapore and Malaysia BOTH hang drug smugglers, China has either lethal injection or a single shot to the neck (I think), while Indonesia exclusively uses firing squad.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                      COuple of nitpicks with Eisa and Skelly-Australia does not do capital punishment at all-the last time that happened was in 1967 and the death penalty was abolished in 1985.

Singapore and Malaysia BOTH hang drug smugglers, China has either lethal injection or a single shot to the neck (I think), while Indonesia exclusively uses firing squad.
                      Wiki lists a rather long list of countries who deal with drugs in a terminal fashion.

Comment

To be fair? Are you being sarcastic or are you serious, here?

I guess some people will find any reason to excuse sex offenders of their actions or make it out to be less offensive than it was.

Who in the world other than sick in the head people video tape young ladies changing their clothes, without them knowing about it!?!

Oh, and also, the "She looked much older than she was" is a very common excuse, not to mention a mistake. Try a better one, please.
                        Last edited by blas87; 10-20-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

^Yeah, but he was ALREADY a sex offender. He deliberately didn't register as one when he moved...and then got a job with children. It's not like that camera just fell into his hands and he felt like he just HAD to videotape young ladies undressing.

I'm with blas. It's like..."Oh well she LOOKED older." What's next? Going back to "she dressed like she wanted it?" "She shouldn't have been walking down that alley at night?" Really?

And sorry--I couldn't remember what country it was referring to. Go Australia!

Comment

Blas does Wisconsin not have a law/penality for Sex offenders not regestering when they're supposed to??? If not then I'd suggest lighting a fire under some politicans. In my state not only do that get time they have to serve the remainder of their previous time and then serve the non-registering time.

I'll admit I didn't read either article, but were these girls in a dressing room? If so then in my opinion they should expect some measure of privacy especially if they're down to their undies or less. If they're in the gym changing out of sweaty jerseys then maybe not but still adults should know better.
                            Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

They were changing in a corner of the gym, probably because a dressing room wasn't available. I mean, parents change their kids diapers in public, but I'm pretty sure they'd go after a pedo who was taping such an event.

Comment

Working...
                              X