Wow. Another terroist attack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protege View Post
    Uh, they have to find him first. I have a feeling that bin Laden is either dead...or hiding in a cave like the little bitch he is.
    I am not a legal expert but I am pretty sure you can charge someone and even find them guilty in absentia.

Comment

As I said in the other thread, I wonder what would have happened if his real contact had gotten in touch with him.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
        Uh, they have to find him first. I have a feeling that bin Laden is either dead...or hiding in a cave like the little bitch he is.
        NO no no! He CAN be indicted without being present. All an indictment is when the prosecutor brings forth evidence to a jury and show why he/she believes someone should be charged with a crime. The jury then decides if there is enough evidence to charge him formally.

Comment

Originally posted by ditchdj View Post
          NO no no! He CAN be indicted without being present. All an indictment is when the prosecutor brings forth evidence to a jury and show why he/she believes someone should be charged with a crime. The jury then decides if there is enough evidence to charge him formally.
          In which case, what does this accomplish?

If 'they' do it, so what? Doesn't mean anything since it has no bearing on the chances of his capture and if/when he is caught, he'd just be charged then anyway although probably for more things because of the passage of time and whatever is found upon his capture.
          All units: IRENE
          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

In which case, what does this accomplish?
            Heh, it's called following the rule of law.

Or do we simply go by our own laws when it's convinient for us????

Not only that, but since the government lies so much to us (like I said in my last posts), I want to see an indictment by ordinary citizens. I've heard identical speeches by BOTH Bush AND Obama swearing up and down that Bin Laden's guilty, no doubt, case closed. Well then PROVE IT!

Comment

NO no no! He CAN be indicted without being present. All an indictment is when the prosecutor brings forth evidence to a jury and show why he/she believes someone should be charged with a crime.
              I know that. We can bring all the charges we want against him. I'm all for following the laws. But, if we can't find the bastard...what good would it do? A big waste of time, since he's still hiding somewhere, possibly plotting to blow some shit up. Instead, he should be hunted down, held for trial, and then should be found guilty and sentenced.

Comment

Heh, it's called following the rule of law.

Or do we simply go by our own laws when it's convinient for us????

Not only that, but since the government lies so much to us (like I said in my last posts), I want to see an indictment by ordinary citizens. I've heard identical speeches by BOTH Bush AND Obama swearing up and down that Bin Laden's guilty, no doubt, case closed. Well then PROVE IT!
                There is no law saying that someone we have every reason to believe is guilty must be indicted, present or not, the second we make the conclusion.

What you seem to be forgetting is that not only is it standard practice to indict only once the suspect is captured and interrogated, but the investigation of domestic crimes by a police force and the investigation of international crimes by military and intelligence forces are entirely different ball games.

If you just so happen to have an information-gathering network more sophisticated than the CIA, NSA, FBI etc. fell free to bring charges yourself with the evidence you've gathered.
                All units: IRENE
                HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Since my school is basically next door to the court house, I tried to get in. But I was too late. However a classmate did get in, I'll ask her about the court on wed.
                  Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
                  I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

The government lies so much as it is I won't even believe this actually happened UNTIL I see a formal indictment by the PEOPLE.
                    I'm sorry, but this statement terribly confuses me. What do you mean by a formal indictment by the people? You mean by a non-governmental entity instead of by a prosecutor? Like some Super American Grand Jury?

Yeah??? Well why won't the federal government indict Bin Laden????

Just because the mainstream media wont touch it doesn't mean it's not true.

Peel an onion and you'll find lots of layers.
                    Bin Laden a) isn't an American citizen and b) isn't on American soil so c) he can't be charged in a criminal court. He's an enemy combatant and has been defined as such since the beginning, unlike the unlawful combatants in Gitmo. It's a military matter, not a civilian crimes matter.

If Bin Laden DID get captured and put on trial, it would be a war crimes trial in the world court, much like the Nuremburg Trials.

You do know the difference between civilian crimes and military matters, correct?

Comment

I personally find it laughable that people still belive that we'll capture him alive.

Very likely if anyone on America's side will kill him on sight, or if we do somehow managed to capture him, he'll kill himself rather then be taking alive. It'll make him a matyr and he knows it. He has nothing to lose, as his belives he'll go to his heaven with 1001 virgins, and be greated by Allah.
                      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
                      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Working...
                      X