Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting boys' toenails: yay or nay? Or whatever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess flip flops are too big back home to cover that kind of thing up.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I think Greenday raises a good point.

However, when I was in school, there was a guy who colored his nails every now and then. He was a Marilyn Manson fan and was into gothic stuff and punk rock. The only color he ever painted them was black, though, and I think he sometimes even used a magic marker to do it. I don't think anyone harassed him, though. I do remember him getting some static from a lunchroom teacher over it, though.

Now that I think about it, when I was in elementary school, sometimes the boys would get markers and color their nails just to be goofy, myself included. I wouldn't do any of this stuff now, though. I'll admit that I've sometimes been tempted to get a manicure (minus the nail painting) just to see what it's like---and to enjoy having a cute Asian girl hold my hands for twenty minutes or so :P . I've never done it, though.

Comment

guywithashovel, go for a pedicure. It's freaking amazing.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Hell, I still don't understand why women paint their toe nails. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing it (as feet tend to be covered up more often than hands), so it looks weird to me in any case.
          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Painted toenails on women give a polished, refined look.

It's like makeup for my toes.

I figure if you're going to buy really cute spring/summer shoes, you ought to keep your toenails in good form.

Guys, by nature, have nasty feet, so who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
              Painted toenails on women give a polished, refined look.

It's like makeup for my toes.
              Or it makes them look like they're trying to sell themselves. It's all in the execution.

I had a math teacher who had a known foot fetish, so all the stupid chicks would sit at the front of the class and wear sandals with their toenails painted red. He'd spend half the class chatting them up. If I'd realized back then what was going on, I'd have reported his scuzzy ass.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When I have the money, I get pedicures so I can get decent polish that lasts until the nails grow back out......and so I can get a nice footrub and get the ickies scrubbed off my feet.

Otherwise I generally use pinks, purples, blues.....if I have the time, I like to use a nude color with a white nail pen that makes it look like a French tip. That's really hard to do and takes patience.

I figure, at least the days that I can wear open toed shoes, I'm going to have cute feet and presentable toes to match.

My nailbeds for my toes aren't as healthy looking as my fingernails, which are almost always au naturel or with a sheer shine from my multisided file, so they have to be painted something to look better.

Comment

My only question would be: Did the little boy want his nails painted? If so, then it's no one's business but his and his mother's. He probably saw her doing hers and did the typical "Hey, me too!" that kids are prone to do. 30 years ago and even today, most parents would have given the "No, that's for girls!" answer. Kudos to this Mom
                  A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Or it makes them look like they're trying to sell themselves. It's all in the execution.
                    I still want to know why that's called "selling yourself" when it's really more of a rental.

I'd expect that women who never aren't wearing toe-concealing shoes in public don't bother painting their nails.

As for being made fun of in school... well, if it's not this, then it will be something else.
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                      As for being made fun of in school... well, if it's not this, then it will be something else.
                      Yea, might as well make it easier for the other kids to pick on him.

/sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                      X