Transgender Woman in Baltimore, MD speaks out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Woman in Baltimore, MD speaks out

Transgender Woman, Chrissy Polis, who was attacked by 2 teenage girls (one 14 and the other 18) after a boyfriend of one of the girls tried to hit on her

Woman was hit on by boyfriend. She tries to go to the bathroom. The 2 girls, instead of being mad at the boyfriend and chewing him out, decided to go after girl. They jumped her. After they figured out she was transgendered, they stepped up the attack. Little old lady gets punched in the face(?) by one of the girls for standing up for the Chrissy. Chrissy is white. The LOL (Little Old Lady) is white. The 2 female attackers are black. The employees (the ones that can be seen in a video of the attack) are black. Have no clue what color the boyfriend who actually started the mess is.

Yes, the attacked was video taped. By an employee of the restaurant nonetheless. And it was put up on YouTube.

At the bottom of the article is a link to the beating. I started to cry watching it before I had to stop it. Ms. Polis was seizuring on the floor. And none of the employees did anything to either help her or stop the 2 girls from attacking her. Though a manager did (ineffectually) try to stop. No one else did.
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
    After they figured out she was transgendered, they stepped up the attack.

hello federal hate crime statutes....
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

FFS mobile phones first port of call "Video for youtube" not 911

Her being transgendered aside, it was a misdirected assault that should have been a stern talking to the boyfriend, not attacking a random woman who turns the BF down.

Priorities are wrong so wrong on this one that I hope a stern sentance is called for, it was unwarranted to begin with, but as BlaqueKatt says hate crime add on for the extra omph laid upon her once they found out.

Edit: don't think I want to watch the video, but I'm glad the youtube poster was sacked and others pending disaplinary action

Edit:
      "who know's what would have happened if they got her into the parking lot."
      If and this is a big if, they had killed her, would those doingfuckallbutwatchandcheer employees have faced negligant homicide or however its listed as charges, some form of criminal negligance, which TBH they were already partaking in.
      Last edited by Ginger Tea; 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
        Priorities are wrong so wrong on this one that I hope a stern sentance is called for, it was unwarranted to begin with, but as BlaqueKatt says hate crime add on for the extra omph laid upon her once they found out.

Edit: don't think I want to watch the video, but I'm glad the youtube poster was sacked and others pending disaplinary action
        Agreed 100%. And the managers should've done more to stop this. This was just wrong on so many levels.
        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

I saw this video a couple of days ago via another message board. The McD's employee who recorded the beating has since been fired, and rightfully so once I read some comments he posted on his FB (as screencapped and posted at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...beating-640128 )

I'm of the opinion that all the employees who cheered on the attackers should be fired. While I can understand that something like this would be shocking enough to make a person freeze, they were obviously coherent enough to warn the attackers to get out because the cops were coming and they did nothing to get in between Chrissy and her two attackers. Hell, they were standing back laughing about it.

It sickens me that this sort of shit goes on. Those two girls who attacked Chrissy deserve punishment to the fullest extent of the law. They went above and beyond simply being pissed off and from what I understand they knew that Chrissy was trans - hello hate crime.

If they had gotten her into the parking lot, which I am sure was their intent, they would have likely curb stomped the poor woman. Instead of being up on charges for assault and a hate crime they would've been up on murder charges...and all those employees that egged them on and laughed about it? Accomplices in a murder, each and every one.
          Last edited by patiokitty; 04-24-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

This reminds me vaguely of something I saw in the ninth grade. I was sitting in the office waiting for my dad to come pick me up as I had a horrible ear infection, and I saw two girls outside fighting. I mean they were really going at it. With my ear hurting so bad Im not thinking straight, so at first I thought I was somehow imagining the whole thing. Slowly realization dawned on me that both of these girls were 7-8 months pregnant. Finally the fight was broken up by a teacher and two of the asst. principles. A week or so later I was finally able to go back to school after lots of bed rest and some antibiotics. I asked around and found out that I hadnt imagined the crazy scene and that the two girls were fighting each other over the guy who got them both pregnant. Apparantly he had literaly stayed at one girls house and then went to the next one the very next morning. Personally I would think they should have kicked him in the groin repeatedly, and that was also when I first started losing hope for the human race.

Comment

I saw that video on FB from a cs member I'm friends with and it sickens me that in this day and age transgendered people have to worry about being beat up on when they go out in public. And it's worse for the male to female ones because it's more obvious with them that they are trans. The female to male types ...with the male hormones, those hormones are so much stronger and take over a lot sooner than the female ones.

At any rate transgendered people are not the rarity they used to be, they are a lot more common than we think. So common that there is a hospital in Colorado that specializes in gender reassignment and they make money off it and sustain themselves.

People need to get the fuck over themselves.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

This happened about 5 miles from me. Uggh.

Comment

The 18 year old was involved in another incident at the same McD last year
                  Teonna Monae Brown, 18, was charged with two assault counts for allegedly attacking Danielle Dower, 38, last July. In October, a Baltimore County judge ruled that charges would not be further pursued against Brown, according to court records, which do not further explain that “nolle prosequi” decision.

[Update: Baltimore County State's Attorney Scott Shellenberger told TSG that the criminal counts against Brown were dropped at the victim’s request.]
                  Why she dropped the charges seeing as she assaulted her child also after following them to a nearby mall where she called the police.
                  Without the update line, one would wonder why the courts thew it out seeing as it would have prevented this case from happening, now we also find she is more than willing to beat someone up for any slight, "Did you just call me ugly?" is apparantly how this attack began.

Comment

While it may actually be labeled a hate crime..don't be surprised if it is not. That is all I will say about that.

Comment

I read the article in the link and couldn't believe what I read, the manager instead of stopping the fight was complaining that the victim was getting blood on the floor. How sick and fucked up do you have to be to stand there watch that and then say that? The manager should have been fired too.
                      "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Working...
                      X