Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hackers who attack epilepsy website for "kicks"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackers who attack epilepsy website for "kicks"?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24510864...5829?GT1=40006

Hackers flood Epilepsy website with links to images/pages with flashing lights and stuff that can/did hurt some of the epileptics who who clicked links.
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Some people are truly terrible...
    "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
    "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24510864...5829?GT1=40006

Hackers flood Epilepsy website with links to images/pages with flashing lights and stuff that can/did hurt some of the epileptics who who clicked links.
      Old news, unfortunately.
      You will find one of the perpetrators on LJ, one RFJason. His excuse was that he was bringing the attention of an exploit to the administrators of the website.

Comment

A simple 'hey, mate? I found this exploit' email should have worked.

Or if that didn't, instead of the flashing images, they could have done images of saying 'dude, exploit here'.

Some people are just assholes.

Comment

BIC - Didn't realize this was old news. Just saw the link for the article at MSN this morning.

Seshat - You're right. Some people are assholes. Sure, one person thought they were doing "good" by showing there are places on the site that can be exploited (and you're right they could have done other things rather than the flashing stuff), but what were the "excuses" of the others who helped?
          Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

There's a three-word term to describe this, and it's used by the people who do nit: the Internet Hate Machine. The idea is simple: We will laugh at, make fun of, and fuck with, whoever we want, whenever we want, however we want. Why? Because it's fun. Because you can't stop us. Anonymity rules this. And it sucks.

The mentality is "It's only funny until someone gets hurt; then it's hilarious". And I can't waikt for cyberbullying programs to hop in, though they do need to mind the line between free speech and bullying. Spouting hate on your message board? Free speech. Hacking into someone else's board to do so, especially a board that's all about whatever you're mocking? Bullying.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
              There's a three-word term to describe this, and it's used by the people who do nit: the Internet Hate Machine.
              4chan had nothing to do with it. Don't give them more credit than they've earned.
              Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Working...
              X