Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach fired...because his players were working out without a shirt on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach fired...because his players were working out without a shirt on!

No Shirt No Service: High School Coach Jobless After His Boys Track Team Goes Topless

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dail...rack-team-goes-

Firstly what kind of girls are these that get freaked out at seeing a boy with a shirt off? They've never been to a beach or a pool before???

Secondly, for the adults involved (save the Coach) just really poor judgment and a bad example of how to handle what is actually a minor situation.
    Last edited by MadMike; 05-09-2011, 04:21 AM. Reason: Please don't cut and paste text from other sites. Links only

Whatever happened to shirts vs. skins scrimmage games? Also, both the high school and college track teams jog around town, frequently without a shirt. That includes girls (who usually wear a sports bra or something similar).

Comment

Those girls would have hated my school then. When the weather turned warm and the gym activities were taken outside, the boys went topless more times than they had shirts on.

I can't remember a single girl complaining about it. If anything, our reactions were more like "ooh, eye-candy!"

If a girl had complained, and the boys were made to keep their shirts on after that, I can guarantee that the girl in question would have become a pariah among the other girls in class.

I hope Davis is able to find a job at another school, one where they don't have their heads up their asses. It's not his fault one of the students decided to take his shirt off. What was Davis supposed to do? Super-glue the shirt to him?
      "He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And...he's wonderful." - Timothy Lattimer on the Doctor

Comment

It sounds like the athletic director had something against the coach. If anyone should be getting fired, it's the director for blowing his top over something so minor and out of the coaches control.

Comment

There HAS to be more to this firing. It's just too incredibly stupid all-around otherwise.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
            It sounds like the athletic director had something against the coach.
            Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            There HAS to be more to this firing. It's just too incredibly stupid all-around otherwise.
            Probably this. I used to run with my shirt off all the time when I played football in high school. So did a lot of the other guys on hot days. Just sounds like the athletic director is too big of a sissy to actually fire him for a real reason.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Shoot, seeing the guys run around without their shirts on was the only reason I went to gym.
              I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

See, at my first high school, only the boys were allowed to dress "sexy" in gym class.

If we girls so much as wore sleeveless shirts for outdoor games or dared put on sunscreen, we were screamed at.

Edit, better elaborate.

Springtime, 2003. I was a sophomore. Anywho, in our gym class, we were doing outdoor type sports, since it was April/May. The boys were doing baseball, the girls were doing volleyball. It was quite a warm spring, and the boys were frequently playing shirtless.

It got so warm, we ladies started bringing tank tops and wearing shorts for class, and brought sunscreen because it was afternoon and because of the sun and of course, being Wisconsin, we're all practically skin type 1-2 fair peoples.

Our male gym teacher about had a stroke when he saw us putting on sunscreen in tanktops, and told us we were not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts in his class, because we were being distracting to the boys and to anyone passing by on the street.

We yelled about the boys being able to be shirtless. He said "Well, I can't stop them from doing that!"....to "Ok, I will ask them to put their shirts back on".....to nope, they weren't going to wear their shirts, and he didn't even care.
                Last edited by blas87; 05-09-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

That reaction says more about your male gym teacher than it does about you and the other girls.

There's nothing innately sexual about putting on sunscreen. It's disturbing that he found it so seductive that he freaked out.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                    Our male gym teacher about had a stroke when he saw us putting on sunscreen in tanktops, and told us we were not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts in his class,
                    Right there, that's when you take your shirt off and tell him "Ok, not wearing a sleveless top"
                    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                      Right there, that's when you take your shirt off and tell him "Ok, not wearing a sleveless top"

WEellllllll techniquely if they had a regualr bra or sprots bra on that would still be sleeveless and said gym teacher would have fainted away dead at that point.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Working...
                      X