• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Students suspended for....

.....Farting on a schoolbus.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...s.html?sid=101

Seriously,

Oh for fucks sake, there's no defence for this kind of stupid fucktardery.
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

And yet another reason that I am considering home schooling. I cannot understand why we as a society have decided that [I]children[I] need to act mature and act like adults. When are we going to learn that kids need to be kids. They need to be taught manners but harsh punishments for every stupid little thing is out of control!

Comment

The commenters over there seem to think otherwise.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I agree that there's probably more to the story. 12 year old boys being 12 year old boys and all that, I could believe that they were doing it on purpose.

Comment

This was on the radio show the other morning.

There was some bad intentions of it, but kids fart. A lot. Kids think it's funny. Hell, I'm 24 and I still think it's hilarious. I don't do it in public, if I can help it, though.

The show lead to people calling in and telling how they or their kids had been kicked off the bus before.

It would seem to me, most bus drivers are really, really crabby and have no tolerance for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
              I agree that there's probably more to the story. 12 year old boys being 12 year old boys and all that, I could believe that they were doing it on purpose.
              I could believe that too. In which case the suspension wouldn't be for passing gas, but for being disrespectful and disobedient.

Comment

I saw this on the news last night. I thought it was funny.

Passing gas can be offensive to other people, though, depending on the strength. Also, kids do need to learn that they should try not to do that stuff around other people if possible. When I was a kid (elementary school), I would often fart at school. It often made my friends laugh, plus my dad was pretty unabashed about letting them rip around the house (still is, too). I just kind of picked it up from him and assumed it was normal to do that. Eventually, I did learn to hold it until it was okay to let it out.

Though kicking him off the bus? Sounds a bit extreme. Granted, I don't have a lot of experience with kids, so maybe I'm not qualified to say that. But from what I'm reading, the kid just farted and the other kids laughed and cheered and started opening the windows. Is that really such a horrible thing to have happen on a school bus? In a classroom, yes, that would be disruptive, but on the bus it should be okay to have a little commotion.

Comment

It's not a big deal if it happens once, but the article states that the boys had been talked to about this the previous week. But they continued.

School bus drivers have a difficult time as it is, keeping children calm and quiet. They can't be dealing with excessive noise or rowdiness, because they need to concentrate on the road. It's a safety issue. Passing gas isn't a problem in and of itself, but the wild reactions from the boys' fellow students could be. I'm fairly convinced they were doing it on purpose to get a reaction. They're old enough to be expected to behave better.

Comment

I've never been able to hold a fart long enough to do any good. When they come, they come, and I just hope they're not too noticeable. Of course, most 12-year-olds would try for the opposite, but you cannot really ban the expelling of gas in a situation where people are not free to leave.
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Hm, they timed it perfectly twice within a week? Yes, this obviously was a coincidence

As Boozy said, the driver needs to focus on driving. When you have a full bus of kids going crazy, that's pretty impossible. The fact that it happened twice in such a short span of time indicates it was their purpose to cause a disruption.
                      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I think kicking them off the bus was justified...it's a dumb, childish, disgusting habit that belongs in a bathroom and no where else. They are old enough to behave better and if they get away with it now they will never mature.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I know there are ways to amplify the sound, they were probably forcing it and making it really loud and it was disruptive.

Comment

I agree with the school's decision on this one.

1. The boys are 12 years old, they're old enough to learn what is and is not appropriate behavior on a bus.

2. They had been warned for a similar incident a week before they were kicked off.

3. They were doing it at the same time, more than likely on purpose and possibly amplifying the sound. Also other kids probably heard it and started acting up, causing a bus full of rambunctious kids. The driver needs to be focused on driving, not kids who are looking to create a disturbance, and if kids misbehave well, then they should have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

4. The school only kicked the kids off the bus for one day. Hardly a severe punishment or an over-reaction.

Comment

Working...
                            X