No announcement yet.

How is this going to turn out "green"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it the switch failing, or the electronics in the bulb? I know that both the ones in my kitchen have gone out in less than a year... tho the one in the bedroom is still fine.

And it's not the bulbs or the switches. One of the kitchen fixtures is a ceiling fan and the fan works just fine; it's only the light that's failed, and both kitchen lights got a bit dodgy before they stopped lighting, which is a problem with overheated electronics and not failed bulbs.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      Most people aren't aware, but if you use a CFL bulb or any type of bulb that has a ballast in the base, you need to mount them so that the base is below the bulb, as any other mounting will result in the electronics in the ballast going out while the bulb itself is still good. My apartment complex replaced all the lights with CFLs in the ceiling fixtures and they're mounted sideways. At the 2-year mark, our kitchen light is now out and we have no clue how to even open the enclosure. >_<

^-.-^
      I have one ceiling light where the bulbs are sideways - its had a set of CFL bulbs for over 4 years now. Maybe I'm lucky.

BTW - we systematically replaced all the bulbs in our house with CFL - our electric bill did lower (a little - but I'm also conscience about leaving lights on).

Comment

Working...
      X