Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck E Cheeze now charged/sued for promots gamling

http://weirdnews.aol.com/2011/05/14/..._lnk3%7C213420

a woman is suing CEC for $5 million because she believes that CEC has machines that resmeble routlette and slot machines, which are illegal in California
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Next thing you know, someone will sue a person because their shirt has a picture of a slot machine.

Comment

It's cool it's totally not about the money.

Now give me $5,000,000!
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I guess people will sue about anything these days.

Comment

Ugh. Practically every arcade in existence has ticket games; it's usually the only thing that keep the places operating.

If a parent were good, they'd teach their kids about gambling and about how, unless they were either really good at a game, or really lucky, they could save the money and buy the item they want at the prize counter for less than it would cost to play for it.

I like how the last line of the article is quoting another mother who hopes the woman doesn't "fuck it up" for other parents to rely on CEC to be a place they can go and have a couple of drinks with the kids and not worry so much about them.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I love Skee Ball. The tickets are just proof you've gotten good at it.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
              I love Skee Ball. The tickets are just proof you've gotten good at it.
              And if you're God, you give the tickets away to kids.

(cookies for reference)

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                And if you're God, you give the tickets away to kids.

(cookies for reference)
                Can I get a holey bartender instead.
                I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

I showed this to my sister and now we know where we're taking my niece for her birthday, that and we haven't been there since we were kids.
                  "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
                    Can I get a holey bartender instead.
                    But I'm a fucking DEMON....here you go! *gives triple choc-chip cookies with gooey centre....)

Comment

But I'm a fucking DEMON....here you go! *gives triple choc-chip cookies with gooey centre....)
                      Be sure to carry some all purpose banaca with you, just in case.

And be sure to cover your ears unless you are dead or from another plane of existence.

Oh and...stay in Wisconsin.
                      The Internet Is One Big Glass House

Comment

Geez, people sue for anything these days. It's just a kiddie game place, for fuck's sake!
                        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

My favorite part:

"[Chuck E. Cheese Attorneys] also contend that even if the games were illegal, then Keller would be an admitted participant in illegal gambling and therefore barred from seeking damages and restitution."

SNAP, Keller. Snap.
                          "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                          We are contented, because he says we are
                          He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by NateSean View Post
                            Be sure to carry some all purpose banaca with you, just in case.

And be sure to cover your ears unless you are dead or from another plane of existence.

Oh and...stay in Wisconsin.
                            Fun fact: apparaently Jason Mewes (as in the Jay from Jay and Silent Bob) wound up memorizing the ENTIRE dialogue for the film (not just his character but every single character), because Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) warned him that they'd be working with "real actors" (i.e. Alan Rickman).

Comment

Fun fact: apparaently Jason Mewes (as in the Jay from Jay and Silent Bob) wound up memorizing the ENTIRE dialogue for the film (not just his character but every single character), because Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) warned him that they'd be working with "real actors" (i.e. Alan Rickman).
                              Going somewhat OT here...

The same thing happened to me anytime I was in a school play. I didn't intend to memorize the other people's lines, it just kind of happened. One of the funniest moments was during a rehearsal, when my character had just left the stage. One of the other actors forgot his line, and I shouted it to him from offstage. The entire cast, and even the teacher, were all rolling.
                              --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Working...
                              X