Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pennsylvania Health Secretary sparks fight over egg sandwich at Roxy's in Harrisburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania Health Secretary sparks fight over egg sandwich at Roxy's in Harrisburg

Story here.

Sadly, this happened in my area. Basicially, one of our politicians acted like a sucky customer at a local diner, got put in his place by the owner, and then abused his power to try to get the place shut down.

Politicians are about the lowest form of life there is.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

I don't even understand what the complaint was about. Is there any conceivable difference between eggs that are already cooking when you ask for them and those which are begun afterwards, other than having to wait less time for them?

Come to think of it, I *have* had SC's like that, though almost invariably for fish sandwiches. Not health inspectors, though.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The guy was an asshole. He wanted a sandwich now, but he didn't want a sandwich that didn't force the guy to make from start to finish and got all pissy over it. Good for the owner for turfing his entitled ass.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

Politicians are about the lowest form of life there is.
        Heya, Mike-have to disagree with you about politicians being the lowest form of life. You forgot about child and animal abusers. True, maybe only a few millimeters of difference, but still..."grin"

That said, I think we can agree that the politician in the story was a real jackass.

Comment

And the asshole of the month award goes to...

Comment

When I was working at the art gallery in the BF's home town, the big wig for arts from the city came in. I was brand new, not only to the job and the city and after she breezed by me to enter the gallery I tried to stop her and got the haughty "don't you KNOW who I am!?" Even our own gallery staff still had to check at admissions before entering the gallery, every one had regardless of who you were. Even the MAYOR had no problem with it.

When I told her I had no idea who she was, she threw a hissy fit and stormed her way passed me into the gallery offices to the gallery executive director and stood there in her office stamping her foot and slamming her fist on her desk. She wanted ALL staff to know who she was by sight.

That woman and I had a few more run ins over the next year, the highlight being me telling her she was a disgrace to the arts world when she agreed to rent a city owned building our community drama group use a space for a play. Then she refused to honor the lease and unlock the doors to the bathrooms so our audience could use them in the intermission. She told me that our audience could just "hold it". Her attitude was so superior with everyone in town because she was the only one to decide who got what arts funding so she expected everyone to kiss her butt.

It has gone down as legend in our drama group that I told her in front of newspaper reporter that she was a disgrace and her behaviour was an outrage.

I hate hate hate "officals" who think they can use their power to break the rules.
            I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

The SC in the story is in desperate need of a GOOD slapping & NO mistake.
              The store owner, on the other hand, has a perfet right to throw the knobduster out of HIS store & permaban him.

Comment

Quite a few Pennsylvania politicians (and officials) seem to think they're above the law, and can do what they want.

First one,would be the "Woy Blunder" Luke Ravenstahl...who is currenty Pittsburgh's mayor. Not long ago, he used a Homeland Security-funded vehicle....to attend a concert outside of town. When called on it, he basically said "fuck you, I'll do what I want." That was in 2007. In 2005, he got arrested for shoving a city police officer. He got away with it, simply because he (and his buddies further up) pulled rank, and attempted to cover things up. Lastly, I still remember his disappearance during the 2010 snowstorms, and the temper-tantrum when he was called out on it. Where was he? Up in the mountains at a ski resort...instead of doing his damn job.

Second, would be former county medical examiner, Cyril Wecht. I mention this tool, since he was once a county commissioner, and coroner. He first got into trouble, because he was doing cases for other counties...using our facilities, and putting the fees into his own account. Wasn't the only time he got into trouble--during the 1990s, he frequently found himself having to explain the 'fine line' between his coroner cases...and those he was investigating as "an employee of a private enterprise." Simply put, he was using his public office for personal gain.

At least he got what was coming--when the county went to home rule, he was quoted as saying "the local voter is intimidated by me, because they're not as smart as me." Needless to say, he got pwned in the election

Further trouble for Wecht...involved an accident on the parkway some years back. He ran someone off the road, causing her to wreck. When the cops came, he pulled the "do you know who I am?" card, and again got away with it. At least he's no longer the county M.E. -- after he got indicted, he was forced to step down in 2006.

Sadly, these fools aren't the only "untouchables" in local politics. Quite a few get into trouble for questionable things, yet they get away with it. They get away with it, because nobody has the balls to hold them accountable. It's simply easier to pull the "D" lever come election time. Meaning, all of the assholes are put back into their offices, and it's business as usual.

Comment

There's a former politician in this neck of the woods who has....oh lemme see....3, no is it 4, I'm pretty sure it's 4 DUIs, and he hasn't served any more than hours in jail.

The footage from the police dash cams, including the last time where he fell right over doing "the walk" was on the Jay Leno show.

Comment

Working...
                  X