• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Corrective Rape"

Yes I did put the correct words in the title

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...e-south-africa

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...057744,00.html

I heard about this on BBC World as I was driving home from work last night.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Because raping a lesbian to make her straight will really make her want to have sex with guys more.

Fucking morons.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Does it happen the other way often? I once read about a guy who hired two prostitutes to rape his gay son in a true crime book, but I'm not sure if it's happened apart from that.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Wow they think raping a gay person turns them straight? where in the HELL did they get that idea?

It was said best earlier...fucking morons.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

A combination of things... the idea that lesbians only think they like women because they've never had a "real" man is certainly common enough. Throw in a disdain (or more) for women, some hatred for non-straight people, and a bit of enjoyment of rape and there you go.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Yeah..fucking sad all around. As for people who enjoy rape- I would be all in favor of taking them off of this planet.

Comment

Good to know.... another reason I think Africa is a fucked up country, at least it sounds like it "isn't legal" as I did read a few paragraphs and they said police are investigating. Of course, I wonder if they are truly looking into it to catch the people or just figure out why they didn't succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
                Good to know.... another reason I think Africa is a fucked up country, at least it sounds like it "isn't legal" as I did read a few paragraphs and they said police are investigating. Of course, I wonder if they are truly looking into it to catch the people or just figure out why they didn't succeed.
                Did you mean South Africa?

In any case, I'd wager it happens here more than is reported.
                Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

The second article pretty much said it happened more than its reported.

Comment

I don't know which African country this was in, if it was genuine and as it was a fair few years ago, I do not have any links, but some of you may have heard about this and know of it's authenticity.

I read somewhere or was told by some one, that witch doctors in some African country were advising having sex with babies as a cure for AIDS.

Yep sex with a baby cures you of AIDS if you believe everything your witch doctor tells you.

So, no, as moraly shocking 'corrective rape' is, it is not surprising in the least, regardless of which African country it comes from.

Comment

I don't know about babies, but I do know they advocate sex with virgins as a cure.
                      I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                      Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Babies are generally virgins... at least until, well...
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Yes, they do have sex with kids under five years old in some places to make sure they don't get AIDS.
                          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

In fairness to the continent of Africa, these are practices and beliefs held in very limited geographical areas by very small groups of people.

Greater damage to Africa's sizable Christian community has been done by the Catholic Church's reckless stance on condom use.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
                              another reason I think Africa is a fucked up country.
                              FYI - Africa is not a country. It's a continent comprised of several countries.

Comment

Working...
                              X