Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pet ownership ban to happen soon in San Francisco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of pets and other bans they outlawed owning ferrets. That's been in place for a long time.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

The ban of ferrets is because of disease, right? I know a number of states have banned them.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
        The ban of ferrets is because of disease, right? I know a number of states have banned them.
        That's probably their reasoning but ferrets from a reputable breeder and given rabies shot do not carry any disease. They can also be de scented. It's just a case of Calfornia being stupid.

You can own ferrets here in Oregon and I have in the past...and gee no one has died yet!

Comment

The outlawing of ferrets in California has nothing to do with disease - we're a high chicken-as-a-commodity state. The ban is so completely and utterly obsolete it's not funny, but the state holds onto the ban with a death grip. >_<

There are other animals that are listed as "exotic" that can't be owned as pets that are allowed in nearby states, too. The serval is one that I'd like to have, myself. You can get one if you live in Nevada, but not in California.

Honestly, you'd do better to increase education for prospective pet owners than just ban things.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Before I got my pet ferret I did a lot of research on them. Most reasons (all of the reasons I've ever heard at least) for not allowing pet ferrets is either based on misinformation or very outdated information.
            "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
            We are contented, because he says we are
            He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              Honestly, you'd do better to increase education for prospective pet owners than just ban things.
              That'd cost money. Money that they'd rather go to their "pet" projects.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by MrsEclipse View Post
                Before I got my pet ferret I did a lot of research on them. Most reasons (all of the reasons I've ever heard at least) for not allowing pet ferrets is either based on misinformation or very outdated information.
                Yup.....that is exactly true. I think one fear they have is biting...which again if you are informed as an owner and train them that won't be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                X