Some men do know what it's like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some men do know what it's like.

I know what it's like to have someone you have no interest in and disgusts you not only continuously come on to you but also touching you when you don't want them too.

I know what it's like to continuously be afraid of being attacked at any moment for any reason. (I clearly remember having the shit beat out of me because my shoes were white)

I know what it's like to be told over and over again that I am worthless, disgusting, less than human, and have no rights.

I know what it's like to watch the authority figures do absolutely nothing to stop it.

I know what it's like to change clothes in a room full of guys who hate your guts and regularly call you fag and wonder if today is the day they finally do something.

I spent at least 6 years living in nothing but fear anger and confusion and wondering if I should just end it.

These days I'm good, better than I've ever been but don't ever tell me that because I'm a man I don't know what it's like to be treated like garbage or fear for my personal safety.

A post like this has been brewing for a while and I know I've never been raped, stabbed, shot or given birth but neither have tons of women but I'm sick of the way I'm being painted because of my penis.

Being a woman isn't all candy and sunshine and neither is being a man.

as for having a period, that neither but (highlight) I had a major ear infection in both ears that puss was leaking out of both ears and the doctor described it as impressive, my ears were swollen shut and trying to expand further. The pain was so bad I had to take oxycodone to sleep and only for an hour and half at a time before I needed another. So I know something about pain.

for the last several years I have again and again heard comments like
    Men just don't understand
    All Men are rapists
    I am not saying my life is better than yours or worse. I am not saying that my experiences are the same as yours.

I am not even sure what I am trying to say but I needed to say something. This is not directed to anyone on this site at all.

Fact of the matter: We all have problems in our lives. They are not unique to our sex, sexual orientation, race, or whatever.

Comment

I'm not exactly a minority so I honestly can't relate to a lot of hate crimes, but i know what it's like to be hurt, assaulted, belittled and embarassed as well. And to have no one give a shit.

But you know damn well if anything went down from your end they'd be all over it.

Remember that no one will protect you. your parents, your friends, your boss, co-workers, or just strangers on the street. No one will help you or come to your aid. No one will feel sorry when you are beaten down and kicked in the teeth yet again.

So sometimes you have to defend yourself. Find strength in the fact that every time someone screws you over in some way, they strip away a little more of your humanity and open up a whole new world of possibilities.

I would NEVER encourage one to break the law to exact revenge, and you would never need to. With just a little careful planning, the worst kinds of bad luck can befall your enemies, and as far as anyone knows you were home watching football.

Comment

Working...
      X