Lawyer suckitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer suckitude

I posted a link to this story http://www.news-record.com/content/2...n_beach_arrest on CS in response to the Overheard at the bookstore thread in Sightings.

Pretty much my view is the lawyer is pissed his wife got pulled over, pissed the trooper didn't immediately release her when she blew 0.00 (he couldn't, legally), and pissed that he didn't get an apology. He was acting the ass at the station before the whole incident with the other trooper pulling him over (that guy WAS an asshat).
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

The thing that shocked me was that light bulbs cost $200+.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      The thing that shocked me was that light bulbs cost $200+.
      20-40$ for the right size and load, the rest is taking apart the headlamp, installing the new bulb and putting the lamp back together; It's not quite as easy as replacing a household bulb after all.

Comment

That bulb appears to run about $50. Since they went to a dealership, they would likely have been charged a premium for the bulb itself and then a decent amount more for the service.

I like how the lawyer goes into the SC-dimension where "about two feet" turns into "approximately one inch away." Doesn't that fool know that the entire facility is under constant surveillance?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

and for a lawyer he is woefully ignorant of the law

"Trooper Wyrick wrongfully arrested my wife, as evidenced by the tests," Tessener wrote in a statement.
          Implied consent law-she ran afoul of it. That is not a wrongful arrest. Though I do like how the cop that pulled him for speeding got in trouble for NOT writing a ticket....
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

If the lightbulb was out, he had probably cause for pulling her over. If she smelled of alcohol, he had probable cause for asking her to take the field test. If she refused, the law allows him to haul her ass to jail. And her lawyer husband prbably took his sweet time getting there, so the breathalyzer showed 0. But of course, she drives a Lexus...so laws are for the common folk.

Comment

The article stated "twenty minutes later" for the arrival of the husband, but it makes no distinction as to whether that was from the point where the officer chose to take her in, or from when she arrived at the jail. My suspicion is the latter, and that she refused the field test because she figured she would fail, so was buying time demanding that her husband be present.

But I wasn't there, so don't know either way. But the cop was good in pulling her over and taking her in. The history that they took the car in to have that headlight checked was particularly damning, as that means they knew it wasn't working properly, even if it was on most of the time.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X