No announcement yet.

The Supreme Court Upholds First Amendment Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can force me to ruin my sleep schedule and throw off my mood for four years straight. You can force me to be in an abusive environment. You can force me to put up with harassment. You can force me to waste my time with busywork instead of actual production. You can force me to be at the mercy of a disgruntled possible sociopath who should have been put out to pasture years ago. You proved all this for years that you don't give a shit how miserable you make me keeping me locked up and accomplishing absolutely nothing.

But I will be DAMNED if you can force me to tailor my FaceBook to suit your preferences. (in my day, it was my GeoCities page) I'm sorry, but when it comes to schools I have no choice. I have to go to a school in my county and they all have the same rules, by law. Oh, you don't like Oakland Mills? Fine, you can go to Centennial. It's exactly the same except further and you have to get there yourself. Give us some goddamn choices as to what we can do and maybe we won't flip the fuck out when you try to do asinine things like this. Let me pick a school that starts later in the day, or has a Steel Drum Band I can try out for, or at least has a teacher who doesn't treat me like less than a human being, and maybe I'll give you a little leeway with my FaceBook. But we can't do that. That would put some people at a disadvantage.

I will not give schools one single goddamn inch until they start giving students the same. School should only be allowed to make rules that affect SCHOOL ONLY... (ATANA)
    "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
    We are contented, because he says we are
    He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

^ Totally agree!

I remember being banned from computer usage at my high school for a year for something that had absolutely nothing to do with the school, but someone else sent an e-mail to the computer teacher there and it got all blown out of proportion.

School != HOME! Unless there's a direct consequence (for instance if I hacked the school computer from home) and then I guess its ok to involve school and home stuff. If it's not a DIRECT application, then they just need to get over it and move on.

Comment

Working...
      X