Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Prank Turns Deadly

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...-facebook.html

This was in my city's newspaper on Friday. Basically, two young men in their late teens thought it would be funny to wrap a stop sign in plastic wrap. After doing this, they bragged about it on Facebook.

Then, an elderly woman drove through the intersection without seeing the stop sign (thanks to the plastic covering) and was struck by a car with the right of way. She was critically injured, and is now having to have her leg amputated above the knee. Her sister, who was her passenger, was killed in the accident.

The two young men could get prison time for this.

Fucking idiots. Why did they think potentially endangering people would be funny? Now someone is dead because of their stupid prank.

Fuckers.

Comment

I hope the person who struck the old lady car doesn't go through some horrible traumatic stress knowing that they were driving the car that struck an old lady. God, how many lives did this prank ruin?

I can think of at least fifteen pranks that not only don't endanger anyone's lives, they're actually pretty funny for everyone involved. These asshats couldn't think of even one, apparently. And I'm stupid as hell.
      "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
      We are contented, because he says we are
      He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Can't think of any way this prank could have been funny. What a pair of douchebags.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Could=should. Christ.

Comment

Why would anyone with two brain cells to rub together think that obscuring a safety sign would in any way be a good idea?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by MrsEclipse View Post
              God, how many lives did this prank ruin?
              By my count, a minimum of five: the old lady driving the car that was hit, her sister who was killed, the driver of the car that hit them, and the two idiots that pulled the prank. And of course, I don't know if the car that hit the old lady's car had any passengers in it, but I am sure if it did they were traumatized by the event, if not injured or killed themselves.

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              Why would anyone with two brain cells to rub together think that obscuring a safety sign would in any way be a good idea?
              Answer: They wouldn't.

Extrapolated answer: These two nitwits didn't have two brain cells between them to rub together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                By my count, a minimum of five: the old lady driving the car that was hit, her sister who was killed, the driver of the car that hit them, and the two idiots that pulled the prank. And of course, I don't know if the car that hit the old lady's car had any passengers in it, but I am sure if it did they were traumatized by the event, if not injured or killed themselves.
                The article doesn't mention this, but the local news ran this story yesterday, and they interviewed this guy who was feeling guilt because he saw the wrap on the sign but didn't take it down because he was afraid the cops would drive by while he was doing it and accuse him of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                  The article doesn't mention this, but the local news ran this story yesterday, and they interviewed this guy who was feeling guilt because he saw the wrap on the sign but didn't take it down because he was afraid the cops would drive by while he was doing it and accuse him of doing it.
                  I hate to say I don't blame the guy for not wanting to get involved.

Comment

While I can understand his reticence to remove it himself, did he not think to call the police and report that it had been done and needed to be taken care of?

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

While I can understand his reticence to remove it himself, did he not think to call the police and report that it had been done and needed to be taken care of?

Sometimes the police can be less friendly to those who interrupt their busy day than those who actually commit the crimes. Or even being helpful to the police can land you in hot water when they botch their case and realize you're the only link they have left.

Not sayign all police are like this but there's just enough shitty ones that makes a lot of people think its best to stay under their radar when at all possible.

Comment

Let's see....

On one side, maybe the police might possibly get irritated at me because I called 911...

On the other side, there might be a horrific accident where people die.

Fuck that, I'd dial 911 immediately.

Actually, I'd remove the fucking wrap, myself, because if I'm close enough to witness it going on, then I'm close enough to witness the accident that will ensue.

^-.-^

Comment

...how about police get irritated with you because you called 911 and decide to blame the situation on you as well? Just the hassle of that would be enough of a deterrant for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                            ...how about police get irritated with you because you called 911 and decide to blame the situation on you as well? Just the hassle of that would be enough of a deterrant for me.
                            I can live with that.

I can sure as hell live with that a lot better than knowing that my inaction allowed someone to be killed another maimed at least one more traumatized, and a minimum of four families lives fucked up.

^-.-^

Comment

Looks like they're going to prison for that and for a good while for that stupid prank those idiots did causing the poor woman and her family such grief. I also foresee karma dishing out quite the ass kicking to those two jackasses.
                              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                              X