Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman buys a fake bust and padded butt for her 4-year-old pageant girl

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entert...-1226127833621

I honestly don't know what to say about this.

I think this is one of those times we need pageantmama to contribute

Well, technically she didn't buy the padded butt/boobs, they were a hand-me-down. Still weird as all hell. And spray tans? For a 4 year old? "Yes, sweetie, melanoma is beautiful!!!"

I really really really hope that when I have a child, that s/he doesn't want to be in pageants or dance competitively. Both worlds just seem hellbent on stripping childhood away from children for the sake of adult amusement.

Comment

Spray tans and fake boobs and padded butts on a four year old?!!! Hell.No! If I ever have a child, especially a daughter I refuse to put them through beauty pageants.
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

You know, for kids!

Comment

I can kind of see how this is just extra prop work for playing dress-up, which is essentially what the girl was doing.

It's not like in other cases where the cosmetic stuff was longer term and the girls in question thought they weren't "pretty" without them.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can see both sides. It was just playing 'pretend' for the child. But seeing huge breasts on a small girl is terribly disturbing to me. On an adult this costume would be pretty funny, but it looks wrong on a child.

Comment

When I was little, I stuffed my shirts a lot (around the house) because I wanted "big boobies like mommy!"

Then I got them at age 10 and they haven't stopped growing since. I don't want them anymore. My rear end hasn't stopped growing since about 16.

Anyone who wants big boobs and a big butt is disturbed. They do nothing but get in the way and get you all the wrong attention, and people only like you for the wrong reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                I can kind of see how this is just extra prop work for playing dress-up, which is essentially what the girl was doing.
                There's a time and place for dress-ups.

I've seen little girls occasionally wearing their fairy/princess dresses in public and little boys wearing their Woody outfit or whatever. The thing is though, they're with family usually and they aren't being judged on how sexy/cute they look.

Comment

I had no idea that spray-on tans caused melanoma.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

They don't. But it promotes the ridiculous idea of tan = beautiful. And prolonged sun exposure can cause melanoma. Wouldn't it be better to help the four year old see herself as beautiful just the way she is?

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                      There's a time and place for dress-ups.
                      It seems to me that what amounts to essentially a glorified costume contest (which is what the Marylin homage would be) is exactly the sort of place to play dress up.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                        It seems to me that what amounts to essentially a glorified costume contest (which is what the Marylin homage would be) is exactly the sort of place to play dress up.

^-.-^
                        Usually with dressups you play pretend to each other, or maybe to/with your parents/friends. Nobody's judging you on whether you're cute or not, nobody's judging you on whether you have boobies or not and its meant to be FUN.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                          They don't. But it promotes the ridiculous idea of tan = beautiful. And prolonged sun exposure can cause melanoma.
                          I don't think you'll win that battle. Most naturally pale people do look more attractive with a tan. It hides skin imperfections, emphasizes muscle tone, and has a slimming effect.

However, I completely agree with you about spray-on tans being inappropriate for four year olds. Toddlers aren't supposed to look attractive, or be otherwise concerned about their appearance. Kids that age shouldn't be giving a second thought to how they look.

Comment

just wondering, if this was for a Halloween contest and not a beauty pageant would people be as up in arms? cuz both those cases can be dress up to get judged/ win stuff.
                            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

A costume contest is completely different.

In a costume contest, you are judged on how well you seem something you are not.

In a beauty pageant they judge your attractiveness.

Totally different.

Comment

Working...
                              X