Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Day singer kicked off plane for sagging pants

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/...e_armstron.php

So now they can kick us off planes if they don't like how we dress?

Was he kicked off for sagging, or for cussing at the attendant?

What I find interesting is that the witness starts off that they were all seated and being told to turn off their cellphones, but his comment to the attendant was that he was "trying to get to his fucking seat."

So, he was already holding things up, and he was showing off his underwear to a captive audience who very likely had already lodged a complaint.

I have no sympathy.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

This isn't the first time. Dallas Cowboys' WR Dez Bryant wasn't allowed on a flight because his pants were sagging below his ass too.

I applaud it. It makes you look like a moron and I don't want to see anyone's ass on my flights. Buy a belt and pull your damn pants up. Don't act like a fool with your pants on the ground.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        his comment to the attendant was that he was "trying to get to his fucking seat."
        I guess she didn't have the time to listen to him whine.

Comment

Good. And if his ass was out, he should have been arrested for indecent exposure on top of it.

I guaran damn tee you if I got on a plane with my ass out for everyone to see, they'd throw me off for indecent exposure, and rightly so. Why should this douche get special treatment?

Why is it okay for men to walk around with their asses out? And since when is the "oversize toddler with a stale load in his diaper" look attractive? What am I missing?

I don't want to see that guy's ass, and I guess nobody else wanted to see it, either. Although, I imagine that his pants could be up in the proper place and belted snug and he'd STILL be showing his ass, if his behavior is any indication.

Comment

Originally posted by Akasa View Post
            So now they can kick us off planes if they don't like how we dress?
            As a private institution, yes. However, I'd expect the dress code to be prominent, and I rather expect it was far more than saggy arsed trews that caused an expulsion. I don't think we're getting the whole tale here.

Raspscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I still want to know why everybody else was ready to go and he was still looking for his seat.

It'd also be nice, if, say, after Southwest put him on the very next flight, which he accepted, that he'd, you know, twittered that. To be fair, however, he doesn't actually send very many tweets.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

How come you don't see stories of women with low waisted pants showing their thongs to everyone kicked off planes? I don't want to see that! I want to see some equality here! I don't think its ok to say its not ok to see a man's underwear, but its ok to see a woman's. For the record I think the look is stupid too, but I don't think its worthy of kicking someone off a plane for.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was the fact that the staff were abused and sworn at that merited this guy's booting, not his dress sense or lack of.
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Seriously?? I don't like the baggy pants/showing your underwear look, on anyone! But priorities please!! He was about to sit on those pants! No arse crack was showing, get over yourself! and yeah he dropped the F bomb, not smart, but surely a 'watch your language sir' would suffice, not delaying a flight to offload a passenger!

Oh and I don't care that it's Billy Joe, I would be just as WTF'd? if it was some other regular Joe...
                    You're Perfect Yes It's True.. But Without Me You're Only You!

Comment

If it were a regular Joe, it wouldn't be news, amirite?
                      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Akasa View Post
                        How come you don't see stories of women with low waisted pants showing their thongs to everyone kicked off planes?
                        Actually, the previous story of someone being kicked off a Southwest flight was a woman. In her case, they deemed her skirt to short for propriety.

A woman named Ebbert was turfed in 2007 for inappropriate attire. And another woman came forward to whine that they had her cover herself with a blanked because her dress had a halter-style top and they deemed it too revealing.

^-.-^

Comment

Just out of curiousity, how old is he now?
                          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

He's about the same age I am; nearly 40. In other words, old enough to dress himself properly for travel and not be a douche to the flight attendant.

^-.-^

Comment

OT: I always find it helpful to point out to people that their sagging pants is NOT an homage to their hardcore gangsta living, but rather an invitation for some hardcore buttfucking.

Comment

Working...
                              X