Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geico commercial FAIL

Geico sushi and pet fish FAIL

There are cheaper ways to make sushi. however the fail in this is, you're not proud of it? then DON'T DO IT. so so so many wrongs here
    you basically just said your daughter's pets are edible to you at any time (fish specifically) and that you don't care enough to respect that fact and NOT eat them.
    that you love food more than her and that you will do anything to get what you want to "save money"
    yeah i'd rather not eat sushi or go without instead of break my kid's heart.

don't get me wrong i love sushi, but not enough to do that. and i also love it enough to learn how to MAKE IT MYSELF and when i can buy the things required to make it! trust me its almost cheaper making it yourself because even if you mess it up its still edible, and this is with certain versions

makes me all kinds of mad
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

The commercial is a joke. They didn't actually eat their daughter's goldfish. Those are just actors.

What am I missing here?

I realize some jokes are in poor taste, but I'm rather surprised that someone would take offense to this one. I guess there's no accounting for taste - or individual sensitivities. I wouldn't expect others to share your rage, though.

Comment

I find it falls on the wrong side of the funny/stupid line, but otherwise, it's just a bit lame.

And the commercial is supposed to be spreading the message, "Don't do this, call Geico instead."

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

fair enough. guess this needs to go in things i hate?
        for me it fell in the poor taste in commercials and what won't people do to advertize. in the same boat of the aleve commercials where the customer drops/leaves the basket of tylenol in the aisle instead of put it back
        Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
        Yeah we're so over, over
        Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

This joke was in poor taste, but for some reason I wasn't horribly offended by it. I remember a Quiznos commercial from a few years back that caused me to email a complaint to corporate, however. The joke of the commercial was that the Quiznos chef was so focused on his new recipe/awesome sub that he was forgetful in other parts of his life. At the end of the commercial he showed up to work without pants. Ha ha oh so funny. Except halfway through the blurb, he walked past a parakeet cage with the bird lying dead on the bottom. Apparently he was so forgetful he forgot to feed his pet. The commercial changed shortly thereafter and that scene was cut. Was still pretty awful, though. I fail to see what's funny about starving an animal to death.

Comment

Working...
          X