Stop the Sag! Ad Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the Sag! Ad Campaign

In Queens, NY there's an ad campaign going out to "Stop the sag". It's about getting those that like to sag their pants past their butts to stop and pull their pants up. There's a vast majority that are for it and one celebrity in the hip hop industry disagrees about the ad campaign. I'm all for it to be honest. I've seen plenty of sagging asses (even the idiots that do that with the skinny jeans, not just baggy pants) in south Florida. I'm tired of it. Pull your damn pants up! Nobody wants to see you show off your underwear with your pants sagging past your ass!

Here's the link!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

I don't know, it doesn't really bother me. There have been hundreds of stupid fashions over the years (when I was in high school the same demographic walked around with picks in their hair and sweatpants with one leg rolled up to the knee. I never got that either.) and if you want to look like you can't afford a belt, whatever. I think it's silly-looking but at least they aren't showing anything inappropriate.

I guess it could be dangerous if they're getting on a subway or have to run somewhere, but it's a risk they choose to take.

Comment

Sagging pants Doesn bother me in the least.

I actually like when lots of people use them, because they are woefully impractical, which lends itself to funny failures.

Also, If something happens, like a fire or a fight,My chances of getting ahead actually improve if they trip on their pants.

Comment

The way the campaign is being handled, it honestly looks a lot better than I'd have thought.

However, I doubt it'll get more than just a few people to consider their own stupid fashion choices. Most of the people who do this likely don't believe that not looking like an idiot is going to get them any more respect that they already get.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just tell myself that usually the one's looking like that are wannabe gangstas and will be targeted by police for questioning. Of course, there's no way they can get very far if it breaks out into a chase.

Comment

What tends to annoy me about the people who do this is that they typically have the attitude that everyone is supposed to act like it is totally normal and woe be to anyone who acts like it's out of the ordinary.

We saw the same type of attitude back when I was in high school, though then, it was from the people who liked to wear heavy chains on their pants, around their necks, on their wrists, etc. During my sophomore year, my school made it against the rules to wear such chains, and the school was inundated with cries that the school was being run like a Nazi camp (tell that to ANYONE who survived a real Nazi camp and see if you get any sympathy).

Comment

I view this thread as an indication that we're getting old.

Rapscallion
              Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                Uh, *you* may be getting old, Raps...but I'm not so sure about me

Seriously though, I don't want to see some wannabe thug's dirty drawers. Having your pants fall down is *not* cool. Neither is looking like the damn Michelin Man...because said pants are 52 sizes too big. Pull your damn pants up, turn your hat around, and lose the fake limp. You don't look tough, you look like an idiot.

Comment

With the way most of these idiots end up halving to walk, they not only look like they have a full diaper, but they also look like they've got hemorrhoids.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Thanks Andara for that! Cherry Pepsi all over my screen.

I think that if enough people would come up behind these saggy pants people and gave them all wedgies (it'd be easier to get a hold of the underwear anyway), they'd stop all this saggy pants nonsense.

*raises her cane and shouts in her little old lady* voice* You darn kids! Get off my lawn.

*I'll "only" be turning 39 on 1 October. Though according to Child Rum, I'll be 27. I like her age for me the most.
                    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                      Nah, I can distinctly remember when the fashion started when I was in high school and I thought they looked like bark chewing fucktwits right from the get go. My opinion has never changed. ;p

Comment

I don't mind sagging pants, in fact there are several guys I'd prefer to see it on (for my own reasons ), that said, it is a stupid fashion fad, I can think of no practical reason (maybe they like gay guys checking out their asses, who am I to judge) for them to be worn like that.
                        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

On one hand, I'm also really sick of seeing random guys' stupid underwear. And it especially bothers me when they've got a death grip on their crotch to hold the pants up. Let's have some class, kay people?

On the other hand, where do we stop? Can we also have campaigns against women stuffing themselves into clothes four sizes too small? Too-tight, stained halter tops with 'pizza dough bellies' hanging out? Because those are kind of gross to look at, too.
                          A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                            Nah, I can distinctly remember when the fashion started when I was in high school and I thought they looked like bark chewing fucktwits right from the get go. My opinion has never changed. ;p
                            I happen to admit the truth of your statement and would like to point out that the two viewpoints are not mutually exclusive...

Rapscallion
                            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

However, in a recent interview hip hop mogul Russell Simmons said, "This is just the latest example of adults trying to suppress the creativity and originality of kids."
                              How can it be "creativity and originality" when they're all dressed exactly the same way?! What's so creative and original about wearing clothes that don't fit properly?!
                              Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                              With the way most of these idiots end up halving to walk, they not only look like they have a full diaper, but they also look like they've got hemorrhoids.
                              That's for sure!
                              "Raise your pants, raise your image. We are better than this! Stop the sag!"
                              Yes, I do like the signage. Certainly more likely to succeed than "Pull up your pants, schmuck, you look like you need a diaper change!"
                              People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                              If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
                              X