Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticketed For Helping Others Get Away With Speeding? Sue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having thought about it over the past day, it might have made more sense before third brake lights (introduced in the 1986 model year) became common, as it was a lot less obvious that you were slowing down, at least at night when the taillights would be on anyway. Still, it seems like an awfully confusing thing to do...
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

That's what tapping your brakes is for! If I suspect the guy behind me might not be at full alert and about to rear end me as I slow down for the guy in front of me to turn, I'll tap my brakes a few times. Same as the headlight principal. It doesn't really mean anything other than "Something out of the ordinary is about to happen, be ready."

Also if someone courteously slows down for you to pass them, it is polite to tap your brakes twice as you get in front of them as a thank you.

And in many places, if you don't have turn signals, you can still use your arms and it's legal! Left arm pointed out left for a left turn, bent up at the elbow for a right turn, and bent down at the elbow for a stop.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
        And in many places, if you don't have turn signals, you can still use your arms and it's legal! Left arm pointed out left for a left turn, bent up at the elbow for a right turn, and bent down at the elbow for a stop.
        Not only is it legal, but it's required. Just as much as it's a legal requirement to signal at least a specified distance prior to making a turn or lane change.

Not that either of those get enforced. >_<

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X