Stop cpr now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop cpr now

most of the time it seems that SCs and EWs are the ones who complain about the "disruption" of their "valuable" shopping time at a business when a customer or employee falls ill.

now it seems that supervisiors and managers are getting into the "swing" of things:

Worker slumped over at desk and co-worker ordered to STOP giving CPR and get back to work

IF the circumstances are as reported I thiink TW AND the supervisor are pretty open to a painfull and costly Wrongful Death lawsuit by the family.

what in the HELL is going on in this country these days??????
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

....Wait, what? I don't even.... ><

Comment

I have no clue what is wrong with this country, to be honest..the list is getting rather long. SC's and EW's are getting worse and worse, people are so afraid of being sued it's not funny, and businesses are going about everything bass ackwards.

Comment

Another article

This one, posted three days ago, notes that there was a defibrillator in the first aid room. Which was locked. With only one key. Being held by someone who wasn't even in the building.

I'd be surprised if someone didn't get thrown under the bus for this fiasco.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
          Another article

This one, posted three days ago, notes that there was a defibrillator in the first aid room. Which was locked. With only one key. Being held by someone who wasn't even in the building.

I'd be surprised if someone didn't get thrown under the bus for this fiasco.
          I hope the whole damned company, including that idiot supervisor, gets keel-hauled for this incident.
          Time Warner won't say much about the incident, but did release this statement:
          "Time Warner responded appropriately to a medical emergency. Our company has procedures in place to respond to emergencies. We are saddened by the loss of one of our employees who was a co-worker and a friend. Our thoughts are with the family during this difficult time."
          "Responded appropriately"? So, what, the appropriate response is to let the employee die because there are customers waiting to be served?! Screw that. Any decent customer will understand about a medical emergency, and the ones who demand service, screw them and the horse they rode in on. Saving a life is always first and foremost. Always!

I hope the family of this poor woman sues the hell out of Time Warner and wins!
          People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
          If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

I remember once when I was on checkout, this old lady collapsed with chest pains in the queue. Service was disrupted while I called for a first aider, and I and a supervisor helped the lady to a chair. It was obvious that it was a medical emergency, yet one customer whined that they were in a hurry and that I should get back on my checkout and serve her. What, lady?
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

This is what happens when a company's only requirement for promotion is drinking the kool-aid.

I'm about to make a sweeping generalization here based on my personal experiences in call centres from 15 years ago -- call centre supervisors are zombies. Without fail, the supervisors in a call centre are the dumbest fucks in the room. They've been promoted because they've swallowed all the corporate bullshit and asked for more.

A tape playing the words "Work hard all the time, at all costs" was playing in this supervisor's head, and they didn't have the mental capacity to say instead, "...except when someone's having a fucking heart attack and dying. Then maybe some accommodations are in order."

So this is what happens, Time Warner. You've opened yourself up to lawsuits because you've put zombies in charge instead of people who can actually think.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                This is what happens when a company's only requirement for promotion is drinking the kool-aid.

I'm about to make a sweeping generalization here based on my personal experiences in call centres from 15 years ago -- call centre supervisors are zombies.
                I shall disagree with you on point #2 based on point #1. It's the corporate culture of the company in question, which tends to increase in Kool-Aid content the larger the corporation is. Though not always. All it takes is one boss or CEO to set the tone of the company's culture. At an old job I worked in a small operation ( just 1 centre ) where everyone was fine except for the CEO, who mixed and drank his own Kool-Aid. It was devestating to morale on a daily basis and nothing you said to him would penetrate his Kool-Aid haze.

He once told us to keep working through a fire alarm in the building. Then on another occasion had us keep working despite industrial painters repainting the whole office around us. Leading to several people getting deathly ill and the supervisor on duty straight up walking out on him. >.>

Basically we were 3 feet away from people that had to wear full face gas masks to breath, whilst we got nothing.

Oh, and his office was in a different part of the building away from said painting.
                Last edited by Gravekeeper; 10-16-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

This shouldn't surprise me... but it does. First of all, any customer who thinks their precious shopping time is more important than someone elses LIFE has got to be the most selfish MFer out there.

As for the supervisors, FUCK THEM. What's going to be more unproductive, a few minutes to save someone's life or someone DYING on the job? And what's this about lawsuits? They're afraid of being held liable if something goes wrong?! Is this country so effed up that we have to be afraid of getting sued for TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE?!!!! Yeah because if she dies on the job, that's not going to lead to lawsuits!

Lastly, why would they lock the emergancy equipment away? Don't they want easy access to that stuff? And of course the idiot that has the key wasn't there. This is why you should NOT LOCK THAT STUFF AWAY and give the key to only one person.

There is so much fail and stupid here it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                    He once told us to keep working through a fire alarm in the building. Then on another occasion had us keep working despite industrial painters repainting the whole office around us. Leading to several people getting deathly ill and the supervisor on duty straight up walking out on him. >.>
                    I'm surprised my boss hasn't done that yet. Of course, this is a guy...who when 9/11 happened, said that if it was up to him, nobody would have been evacuated from the building. He said that we would have been at our desks, still at work. After one of the towers fell, he quickly changed his tune. Gee, I can't see why

Comment

At the call center.. we had a fire alarm go off. It was only due to the construction they were doing and dust getting in the sensors... but we didnt know that at the time.

They had people going around logging out phones before the fire truck got there while most of us were outside.

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                        I'm surprised my boss hasn't done that yet. Of course, this is a guy...who when 9/11 happened, said that if it was up to him, nobody would have been evacuated from the building. He said that we would have been at our desks, still at work. After one of the towers fell, he quickly changed his tune. Gee, I can't see why
                        I really hope he wasn't serious.

Comment

I remember someone telling me about a Walmart which was on fire... and people were STILL trying to go inside. -.- The stupid, it hurts.
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

If you ever have an employer who forces you to stay inside during a fire alarm, report them to the fire marshall. That's endangerment and is illegal.

I had a teacher in elementary school that made us stay inside during a fire alarm because it was raining and, "there's not a drill scheduled for today." Instead she sent a student to the principal's office to investigate. He came running back screaming, "The cafeteria's on fire!" Needless to say, I delighted in telling my Dad, the assistant fire chief, that our teacher had willfully endangered our lives. He, the fire chief, and the principal had a little chat with her.

Comment

I hope the family personally sues the crap outta that supervisor! Fuck orders and fuck the service, if somebody's having a medical emergency and my supervisor tells me to get back to work while I'm trying to save that person's life, I'll take a write up or even get fired for "insubordination" than to let that person die because the supervisor was being a dumbass.
                              Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 10-17-2011, 12:12 AM.
                              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                              X