Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Prisons Stop Serving Lunch On Weekends

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/us...?_r=1&emc=eta1

First the last meals, now you don't get lunch on weekends. Note that prisoners are still permitted to buy extra food, if their family's can afford to give them the money to do so.

Seriously though, when they faced a budget short fall who really stood up and went "Well, we could just feed em less."? -.-

That's asinine especially when the food the prison systems use is insanely cheap. It's one thing to use substitutions to cut corners and make cheaper food but to stop serving lunches on weekends is just stupid.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
      That's asinine especially when the food the prison systems use is insanely cheap. It's one thing to use substitutions to cut corners and make cheaper food but to stop serving lunches on weekends is just stupid.
      Things like that will make the inmate population harder to control. Keep piling on stuff like that, and you'll spark a riot.

Wardens hate shit like this.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

One of the reasons why they fed prisoners so well at Alcatraz was to help discourage riots. They figured that inmates who at least had good food were less likely to start trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanita View Post
          One of the reasons why they fed prisoners so well at Alcatraz was to help discourage riots. They figured that inmates who at least had good food were less likely to start trouble.
          Got to leave them with something. Once they think they've got nothing to lose its trouble.

Comment

You stick a man in a cell, and give him decent food, and enough food, he'll be more likely to just stay there, then if you give him crappy food, or not enough food.

This isn't a complicated thought. Evidently too complicated for those bloody idjits.....

Hell, the same goes for entertainment or a job, or something to occupy a prisoners mind (and hands). If they have nothing to do...thats when fights, beatings, killings, and riots happen.

Comment

What the fuck is wrong with Texas?

Yes, cut their food. And when the riots start, just remember...they're your fault, you idiots...
              "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
                That's what I've been wondering. Sounds like a sick, blood thirsty state.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
                  [/i]
                  please don't confuse the idiots who run the place with those of us who live here.

Comment

I've known Texas was run by idiots ever since they voted Bush in. I used to live there, I've seen it go down hill for years. I still have family there. I'm not surprised they're pulling asinine stuff like this. They get their jollies taking things away from those who are powerless.

Comment

Attention Assholes at Prisons: You know, a lot of prisoners are still human. I know, huge shocker, right? But just because you've committed a serious crime doesn't make you an irredeemable sociopath/feral animal who deserves no sympathy and should be spat on at every possible moment.

Treat 'em like filth and then marvel at how they come out of prison worse than when they get in. That'll learn 'em.

Also, dear Texas: Stop making Texas look bad!
                      "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                      We are contented, because he says we are
                      He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Dear Texas,

Dude, look. I keep trying to try to see things your way. But this? This is stupid. You're being stupid. Stop being assholes.

Also, I think this is unconstitutional.

-Sincerely

Hyena Dandy
                        "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                        ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Dear Texas,

You are making its inhabitants look like utter morons. Stop that.

I really can't see any possible reason this is a good idea. At all.
                          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Well, it saves 2.8 million $ a year, they say. To combat the "multi-billion $ shortfall in the state's budget".

That's kinda like the time my company had exceeded their annual travel budget by August (too many first-class flghts around the world, I gather), and decided to save money by making us rent only the smallest available class of vehicles for customer calls. Ended up saving a whopping 5 Euros per day...
                            "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                            "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

They'd save a whole lot more if they'd stop incarcerating people who commit victimless crimes.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X