Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "They took away our kids because of their names"

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/w...-1226179050588

Remember the story with the family refused a store-made birthday cake because they wanted their son's name Adolf written on it?

well now the children have been taken away.

Oh and apparaently they're "not racists."

And if you'll excuse me, I need to go re-boot my brain now

Ah yes, this case. As I recall, they tattooed the kids too. Which was where the abuse thing stemmed from -.-

Comment

there's nothing about the tattoo thing, so that's unusual. Although the article I found says that they were reported to the authorities AFTER the cake incident.

Also if you have a look, apparaently DFCS found no evidence of abuse. O.o

Comment

Article at Jezebel

This duo is a real pair.

The state alleges their disabilities and their subsequent inability to adequately take care of their children as the reason that they were removed from the house and not returned.

And, since the are now facing eviction from their home, that's going to be another issue.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My first thought: There's a child out there named Syphilis? (possibly the only name that sounds vaguely normal)

Second thought: The child's original name was Antonio. Completely normal.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
            there's nothing about the tattoo thing, so that's unusual. Although the article I found says that they were reported to the authorities AFTER the cake incident.

Also if you have a look, apparaently DFCS found no evidence of abuse. O.o
            The article is oddly sparse on details, perhaps they're hoping people forgot so they can drum up a sympathy plea. The original story is actually from quite a while ago. Like near 2 years ago. Basically, the parents were always white supremist dicks but they were big Confederate fans at first. But then Mr Dipshit started seeing awesome Nazi's on the History Channel so he had all his children's names legally changed to awesome Nazi names: Andolf Hitler, Aryan Nation and Hinler ( Himmler ).

But that aside, the couple has a history of domestic abuse they kept their children in a house with all the windows nailed shut, full of swastikas, knives and skulls. They frequently strapped their kids into their booster seats for extend periods of time so they could get on with that whole domestic abuse thing with each other. Mom has slipped notes to neighbours saying Mr Dipshit is threatening to kill her and to call for help.

Mr Dipshit was also trying to teach little Adolf how to kill people, and the kid, despite being 3, is documented as constantly threatening to kill other children as he repeats what daddy taught him. He also says delightfully horrible things when brought around anyone who isn't white. Finally, he was violent and aggressive towards his sisters, his mother and the psychologist evaluating him for the court case.

To quote the doctor:

"(He) took a vacuum cleaner to his sister's throat, saying, 'I'm going to kill you.' The boy told the foster mother on more than one occassion that she was a 'b**ch' and that he was going to kill her... Dr. Nadelman was called a 'b**ch' by the 3-year-old boy when she prevented him from leaving the room."

Mr Dipshit is also illiterate and his ex has a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. He also disciplines the children by holding a running vacuum to their faces and keeps everyone restricted to specific areas of the house they're "allowed" to stay in.

So yeah, any "Oh woe is us its just because we named our kids different" sympathy plea is complete and total bullshit. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
              The article is oddly sparse on details, perhaps they're hoping people forgot so they can drum up a sympathy plea.
              Given that I'm in Australia and not the US, cases like domestic violence overseas aren't reported, so I wasn't aware. This one was reported because of the name thing.

I still agree with you that they should be taken away, even just based on names obviously designed for shock value. Yes I'm aware of examples like Syphilis, Talulah Does The Hula From Hawaii etc.
              Actually, come to think of it, Syphilis sounds like an unfortunate mashup of Sybil/Sylvia and Philis, so it might be that.

Comment

Of course not. It's perfectly normal to name your kids things like Adolph Hitler and Aryan Nation. And the swastikas all over the house are just decoration, obviously.

"And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

I wonder where that falls under hate speech laws....

Comment

To me, the names alone are child abuse. It's one thing to give your kids off-the-wall names like Caramel Drizzle or Littlewolf, and quite another to give a name so well-known for evil.

That they so plainly mean it as an honor, of course, makes it worse. (At least if you called your kid Satan it could be taken as a joke. Well, unless *your* name happens to be Rosemary.)
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                      (At least if you called your kid Satan it could be taken as a joke. Well, unless *your* name happens to be Rosemary.)
                      I'm willing to bet that if anyone ever names a child "Satan", that would actually be the entire reason.
                      "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                      TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                        I wonder where that falls under hate speech laws....

the US* doesn't have hate speech laws......that would be the neighbors to the north.....

*and sadly we can't deny that new jersey is in fact part of the continental US....
                        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                          the US* doesn't have hate speech laws......that would be the neighbors to the north.....

*and sadly we can't deny that new jersey is in fact part of the continental US....
                          Uh, yeah, we do. They're far more lenient, but yes, we HAVE them.

In the US hate speech has to be a call to action, though. You can say "All gays deserve to die" and that's legal, but you can't say "You should kill all gays."

Its rather like how on this forum, it would be acceptable for me to say "All black people are idiots." But I couldn't say that a specific poster was an idiot because they were black.
                          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

That's not because it's "hate speech," though, but because it's inciting violence. It's not the same thing.
                            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

We've bundled hate speech in with hate crimes. Now, if/when bullying starts to get laws against it, we'll probably see them separate. But until then, a crime has to be committed for the speech to be considered harmful.
                              I has a blog!

Comment

Working...
                              X