Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A coworker and mangaer incourage me to deceive my boyfriend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
    Men say, "you are the only one"," I won´t trick you and leave you"," I will take care of you", "I will take responsibillity."

They say "I love you"

both lie. small and big lies
    Oh definitely. I was just quoting a comedian.

And any relationship built on lies is pretty much doomed from the get go.

Comment

Possibly they're fans of Tom Leykis? Yes, that guy has female fans who claim to agree with him 100%. And his general line is that all women are lying, tricky bitches who'll screw you over in a heartbeat, so you'd best get everything you can, as fast as you can, then ditch their sneaky asses. He advocates putting hot sauce into your used condoms so the woman will have a nasty surprise when she inevitably tries to siphon the contents to impregnate herself, which he seems to think all or most women would do in a heartbeat just for the free ride he thinks having a kid becomes - suddenly the guy has no choice but to support you and the kid (unless he dumps you, which is a sad but frequent reality). I have a friend who used to be a bit fan of this nutcase.

I hope you DO talk to the big bosses, and said bosses let them know in no uncertain terms what is and isn't appropriate commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
        Oh definitely. I was just quoting a comedian.

And any relationship built on lies is pretty much doomed from the get go.
        Oh, sorry, guess the quote went over my head

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
          Oh, sorry, guess the quote went over my head
          The quote probably isn't as relevant to this topic as I thought--its just something I think of when I hear about deception like this, some woman plotting to get knocked up purely to trap a guy in a relationship. Or something equally heinous.

Comment

WTF? My mom's sort of...advocated this as well, and it just makes me want to bang my head against the wall. No, just...no. I don't even WANT kids, for one, why would I punish myself that badly, too? And yes, all the best relationships are based on tricking your man into impregnating you.
            "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

The coworker in the OP? I've had issues with her before talking shit about my boyfriend. She previously pissed me off by insisting that since I live 4 hours away from him that he's totally cheating on me. But since she doesn't know him she doesn't know that most of his female friends swing the other way. And (since we've talked about this several times throughout our relationship) he's already told me that if he was gonna fool around with another girl he'd have already broken up with me.
              There's a thing call communication, and bf and I do that. As well as this concept called trust, with we have with each other (most of my friends, at least close friends, are guys).

And yes, the morning after being told to deceive my boyfriend I told the store manager, and made sure to remind her that this was not the first time coworker had talked shit about me and my boyfriend.

Comment

It seems to me that if your co-worker thinks everybody cheats when they're not being watched, she's probably a dirty cheater. I feel sorry for anyone who ends up dating her.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  It seems to me that if your co-worker thinks everybody cheats when they're not being watched, she's probably a dirty cheater. I feel sorry for anyone who ends up dating her.

^-.-^
                  I know for a fact that her boyfriend of about 3 years has cheated on her. She's told me. We've discussed the abuses we have gone through (me with my ex girlfriend her with the guy she's still with). He has her blocked on Facebook even. Not the actions of a loyal trustworthy guy. So I know she has no real sense of trust or loyalty. She even said if she was in my situation she would have cheated already.

Comment

I would never want to ruin a guy's life by deceiving him into knocking me up (lying about birth control for example, seems to be a popular one), nor would I want to do something to ruin my body like get pregnant just to keep a guy. That's so low. Of course, I'm vain and hate kids, so I have many reasons for not wanting to get pregnant. But girls who "trap" guys are despicable.

My great aunt had her IUD removed without her husband knowing, and got knocked up to trap him from leaving her. True story. That whole family is a train wreck if I ever saw one.

Comment

My eldest aunt got herself knocked up to have someone to use to get out of the family house. Then she dumped him like the androgynist she is and found another sucker to try to have a better life with. >_<

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

One of my housemates hooked up with a high school girlfriend recently. She got pregnant and when discussing what she would do my housemate made an offhand comment that he'd support any child of his and she decided to keep the child (she'd had this happen before and the previous 'fathers' had been deadbeats). He found out today he's gonna have a son.

Comment

They other day I was talking to the manager and coworker from the OP about my bf's band (the biggest reason he hasn't come to visit me yet is cause they're trying to put out their debut album and they had to find a new bassist really late in the process) and one of them made a comment about the conversation in the OP and I just went cold and was like "Don't go there" and walked away. I was mid sentence too. Gah!

Comment

Working...
                          X