No words...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No words...

Woman burns house over being "defriended" on facebook.

I have nothing else to say.

I cannot get the link to open. It's not broken, just doesn't load. I don't suppose there's any chance it was her *own* house she burned down?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Sadly, no. Luckily no one was hurt and only the garage was destroyed.

Didnt know Facebook had such power.

Comment

Here's another link

Comment

Fortunately, I don't know of anyone who has gone far enough to do anything illegal over being ignored/defriended on FB, but I have known a few people who just would not give up or accept that someone deleted them. Their actions just going as far as annoying the person until they were blocked (my own experience) or continuing to bring up the fact that they were deleted when seeing the other person out in public (also happened to me. TWICE. With my ex. He also messaged a mutual friend and went on a rampage as to why I'd erased him).

Some people just care way too much about a social networking site.

Comment

It had nothing to do with Facebook.

Yes she did it because she was defriended on Facebook but she would have done it for being Defriended in anyway other medium too.

It's a trend to blame the medium but it's the person in the situation. She obviously needs mental help. I don't say that in a bad way I mean that in the most caring way possible.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

Oh geez and this happened in the state I live in too. I swear all Iowans aren;t batshit crazy, guys! Really!

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post

Yes she did it because she was defriended on Facebook but she would have done it for being Defriended in anyway other medium too.

It's a trend to blame the medium but it's the person in the situation. She obviously needs mental help. I don't say that in a bad way I mean that in the most caring way possible.
                No doubt there. It could have been a message in a bottle or a spiritual medium and she would have reacted the same.

Crazy is crazy.

Comment

You can scream that from the rooftops, but the media will never listen. If Facebook is even peripherally involved in a crime these days, they'll find a way to call it the motive.

Facebook is a social networking tool. Nearly everyone has an account. This is partially how people maintain personal relationships these days. Since most violent crimes are personal in nature, it's not surprising that Facebook is "involved" in many of these crimes.

Comment

Agreed.

Since most violent crimes are personal in nature, it's not surprising that Facebook is "involved" in many of these crimes.
                    That's because whoever is writing the story needs their thirty minutes of fame on whatever "remember this decade" show airs twenty years from now and Facebook was a recognizable name.

If a Myspace page, Second Life persona, Sims Social, or Windows 1993 online Checkers opponent had been involved the writer would have jumped on that too.
                    The Internet Is One Big Glass House

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                      Some people just care way too much about a social networking site.
                      The Internet makes it too easy for people who wouldn't otherwise have a life, to have one.

When someone takes that life away from them, it can be very threatening.
                      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X