Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Abortion Law Signed in Ohio

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...or-minors.html

This law would require a underage girl to go to a judge before obtaining an abortion.

The legislature in Ohio has been working on other similar measures, such as the famous "Heartbeat Bill" which would ban abortions after a heartbeat can be detected. There have also been bans on organizations that receive public money from performing elective abortions as well as restrictions on local governments from purchasing insurance that covers abortions.

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...or-minors.html

This law would require a underage girl to go to a judge before obtaining an abortion.
    This is stupid as hell. The whole point of not having to have parents permission can be circumvented by this law.

Some parents could get extremely violent towards a pregnant teenage girl.

She would have to get out of school, then some how manage to get to court to see the judge, and then manage to have the abortion all with out her parents noticing? What would be the time factor involved in all this? Cause 9 months can pass very quickly.

While Im against women using abortion as a form of birth control, I can very easily understand a teenage girl getting one for several reasons.

Please be advised: When I say as a form of birth control, I am referring to the women who have had multiple abortions simply because they do not want to have children but are to stupid to use regular form of birth control, condom, diaphrams, the pill, etc.

The male involved is just as stupid, possibly more so for not using a condom as well. Its not like the things are expensive either.

Pack of condom < 18+ years of child care

Comment

I can see this being abused a lot, too much of a "backlog" to hear them, oh look, too late to have an abortion now, so sad, bye bye have fun with your unwanted child.
      I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
      Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
        I can see this being abused a lot, too much of a "backlog" to hear them, oh look, too late to have an abortion now, so sad, bye bye have fun with your unwanted child.
        Just gonna have to backalley that shit. It seems to be what the Republicans want.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          Just gonna have to backalley that shit. It seems to be what the Republicans want.
          Quite, abortion is not going to go away. You're just going to push people to more dangerous avenues to get one or have them head out of state to get one instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
            Quite, abortion is not going to go away. You're just going to push people to more dangerous avenues to get one or have them head out of state to get one instead.

Which was already happening before abortions were available.

Comment

My ex once had to give a report in high school. It was a presentation. He chose abortion as his topic and a coat hanger as part of his presentation. He got an A for the assignment, but was prevented from actually giving the oral portion of the presentation before the class.

There are some frightful statistics about deaths, mutilations, and such that accompanies a society that refuses to allow it's women to chose when and how they reproduce. But those who make the laws don't much care about those it hurts as they have the wherewithal to travel to places where their laws don't apply when it comes down to someone they care for.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

In Florida, minors have to have consent from the parents before getting an abortion. Those kinds of laws are complete and utter bullshit. It's hard for a teen to tell their parents they got pregnant, even more if they're in a abusive home. Then you have the states that try and force women into having ultrasounds prior to the abortion procedure which is just as absurd. Those kind of abortion laws are bound to bring more women into crossing state lines to go through abortions without all the red tape bureaucratic bullshit.
                There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

It's such a shame we worked so hard and did so much to have the rights to our own bodies, and now they are finding loopholes and ways to slowly shred those rights away.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                    He got an A for the assignment, but was prevented from actually giving the oral portion of the presentation before the class.
                    Why, what was the teacher afraid he was going to say?

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                    It's such a shame we worked so hard and did so much to have the rights to our own bodies, and now they are finding loopholes and ways to slowly shred those rights away.
                    I couldn't agree more, they should leave our right to choose alone. My feeling is: it's my body not yours, so don't tell me what I can and can't do to/with it.
                    "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Valentine View Post
                      Why, what was the teacher afraid he was going to say?
                      It wasn't that she was afraid of what he'd say, which she already knew as it was also a written report, but more that she was afraid of what the parents of the other students would say. This was the late 80s when he did that report.

Originally posted by Sarah Valentine View Post
                      I couldn't agree more, they should leave our right to choose alone. My feeling is: it's my body not yours, so don't tell me what I can and can't do to/with it.
                      We should leave our right to choose. There are more women than men in the country and as many of those trying to curtail our rights are women.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Those who are passing these laws (both legislators and voters) seem to want to punish women for having sex.
                        "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghel View Post
                          Those who are passing these laws (both legislators and voters) seem to want to punish women for having sex.
                          Isn't that basically what its always about though? Slut shaming? How dare you have sex for any reason besides procreation outside of a proper hetereosexual marriage before God in any position aside from missionary? -.-

Comment

Boy I'm glad that Ohio doesn't have more pressing matters that they can concentrate on stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
                              Which was already happening before abortions were available.
                              And a lot of women died or became infertile as a result.

My great-grandmother died having an illegal abortion She was married, but her husband took off and left her and their five kids.

The Heartbeat Bill is stupid for another reason. The heart develops in the 3rd week gestation. It's already beating, whether you can hear it or not.
                              Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X