Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News anchor: pepper spray is basically a food product

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...tially.php?m=1

I really have no words for this. The level of stupidity is incredible.

I was just going to post this. Why don't some people simply think before speaking? It goes beyond my level of thought to try to negate someone's suffering - "it's just food!". Sure, how about I chuck a coconut at your head? That's just food too.

Comment

That explains why I found it in the mexican food aisle next to the tobasco sauce.

Comment

Lovely.

We can pack that in with the ketchup and tomato paste and those schoolkids are set for their vegetables, right?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Did they watch that episode of The Simpsons where Marge becomes a policewoman or something? O_o

Marge: Homer, give me my pepper spray!
          Homer: Oh, Marge, one squirt and you’re south of the border! *eats pepper sprayed eggs* Mmm, incapacitating…
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

If I remember rightly, apples and peaches are foods. Therefore (by the same logic) anything derived from them is a food product, and therefore no big deal. So go right ahead and concentrate the tiny amount of cyanide found in their seeds until you get a bottle full and call it a condiment. No problem, right?
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              Lovely.

We can pack that in with the ketchup and tomato paste and those schoolkids are set for their vegetables, right?

^-.-^
              Hey, why not... if the kids complain then at least the staff will have riot gear ready already
              "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
                http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...tially.php?m=1

I really have no words for this. The level of stupidity is incredible.
                God! Damn!

People is stupid.

Technically they are correct. The active chemical in pepper spray is vegetable derived. But it does not make it less of a danger.

As people have said. Cyanide in apples and other fruit seeds, being bonked on the noggin with a coconut...Hell Ricin from the Castor Plant which was used by the KGB to kill a dude. They're all vegetable matter as well.

Ooh! Ooh! Since Moonshine (Mountain brand Moonshine, one of the legal producers of it) is made from corn squeezings, does that mean Ican get totally sloshed and go drive a bus load of nuns off of a cliff?

After all it's just corn juice right?
                “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Meh it's par for the course for Faux Noise.

I have long since ceased to be shocked, angered, or even amused by their antics.
                  Customer: I need an Apache.
                  Gravekeeper: The Tribe or the Gunship?

Comment

People just can't handle the spiciness I supposed.

They are just using new government logic. If pizza is a vegetable, pepper spray is totally the same as peppers.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                      People just can't handle the spiciness I supposed.

They are just using new government logic. If pizza is a vegetable, pepper spray is totally the same as peppers.
                      Government logic: Causing aneurysms in intelligent people since for fucking ever.

Buy some today!

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
                        I was just going to post this. Why don't some people simply think before speaking?.
                        Well it IS Fox news. Dang wheres my article I found yesterday showing those that watch fox are 'less informed' than those that watch no news programs..

Comment

Article at LA Times
                          Article defending the poll at MediaIte

Honestly, this is not really surprising.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...news-are-most/

There was an article about the claim on Politifact that, while I'm no fan of fox news, I think its fair to at least post a counter-claim from a respectable source.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...e-jon-stewart/

Also, this is the criticism of their rating.
                            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

yes its just food but like most food, can still cause pain if gotten into eyes or places it doesn't belong, or like some foods ie coconut still hurts.
                              just as dumb as pizza being a vegetable. gdit

dumbass anchor
                              Last edited by LexiaFira; 11-24-2011, 01:36 AM.
                              Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
                              Yeah we're so over, over
                              Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Working...
                              X