Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another suicide to bullying over internet/school

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-internet.html

13-year-old boy who liked emo music and wore the emo fashion styles was found hanged, victim of cyber bullying on Bebo and some bullying at school.
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

And even still, adults don't think bullying is bad. It's just playful teasing my ass.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Doesn't have to be suicide tho; a lot of teens might make a suicide attempt as a cry for help, but sadly don't understand just how efficient a noose is or how toxic a pile of pills is.
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Doesn't have to be suicide tho; a lot of teens might make a suicide attempt as a cry for help, but sadly don't understand just how efficient a noose is or how toxic a pile of pills is.
        Sad but true. I am sure that some of these "dramatic" suicides were cries for help that went wrong. It really isn't hard to kill yourself if you really want to. Most suicides that fail, fail because they are a call for help, not a desire to die.

It's not hard to drive to any bridge in the country, stop and jump if you really want to die.

Comment

Sadly it comes to this, because adult just see the bullying as teasing.

Comment

The few times I ever saw my mom get really REALLY mad was when she tried to tell teachers in my elementary school that I was being picked on and the response would always be "well boys will be boys".

I wasn't even picked on that bad, I was just an easy target because I was (and still am) a quiet person. When I finally got sick of it and started fighting back, I got dragged to the office while the principal dramatically called my mom in that manner designed to scare kids. When he told my mom the story of how I hit another kid in my class and waited for the shocked response, my mom (who recognized the name of the kid I hit as one of my tormentors) just said "well, boys will be boys, right?"

The look on the principal's face was one of my favorite childhood memories.

Comment

I understand completely, Cancelmyservice.

I went to the asst principal for sexual harrassment because a group of boys decided it'd be funny to call me "tig bitties" (get it?) and were always making fun of my big chest and whatnot. It was a total running gag and it made me ashamed of myself.

What was I told (by a FEMALE principal, no less?)? "Well, maybe if you wore more conservative clothes and covered up a bit, they'd stop. Boys will be boys, they always tease girls they like, I doubt it's anything serious."

Zero tolerance for sexual harrassment MY ASS. They're lucky I was very timid and didn't one day kick one of those guys in the balls or roundhouse kick them in the face when it got to the point where I was skipping school.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                a group of boys decided it'd be funny to call me "tig bitties" (get it?)
                How original

My principal in middle school actually gave me permission, while in front of my mom, to hit someone if they were giving me crap, as long as I gave them at least one warning. He was pretty cool. But at that time, I was still to shy to stand up for myself and do it. I wish I had though.

High school was worse though. Four kids specifically always gave me a rough time for no reason. First person I went to was my councilor. She was the most amazing woman ever. Man was she pissed off. Net result? Each got suspended for a week. Only one of them kept going and I just told him to meet me outside right after class so I could beat him until he needed to go the hospital. He backed down extremely quick.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

My problem was that I got labeled a troublemaker after I got sick and tired of following the stupid advice of "just ignore them" or "walk away". If you do that, they think you're afraid and do it more; in the end, when a girl scratched my face so much she drew blood, I lost it and beat the shit out of her. I got suspended for a week for fighting, she got off scot free. It wasn't all bad tho; my suspension was like a week's holiday cuz my parents took my side. My dad even told the headmaster that he'd told me to hit anyone who attacked me back twice as hard, and it was a good thing I did seeing as the headmaster saw fit to let the girl off with no punishment. Anyway, it takes two to fight; so he should have at least given her a detention seeing as she started it. After that, I was labeled a troublemaker cuz I'd basically had enough and started hitting everyone who picked on me after that.

Comment

i hate bullies, i loathe them, and they always find a completly moronic reasoning to bully someone, back at school... i got in trouble for fighting.

One guy at my school, seemed to hate me for a really odd reason, i never found out why, first time, he randomly walked up to me while i was waiting for a friend by the entrance, punched me several times in the face, then ran away, this continued for a while, thankfully, not a strong guy, so i could take the punches.

Until one day... i had enaugh, and i punched back, and that was all it took, he started bleeding everywhere, and I got in trouble with the principal, obviously, since he was teh one bleeding, he was the victim...

I hate teachers sometimes, there was a few of them watching the fight too, they did nothing to stop it.

It ended up with me reporting him to the police, as he started attacking me outside of school aswell.

The school, just let it continue, bullying is bad, it can ruin someone's whole life, as they won't come to school in fear and such, they really need to hit down on bullies, punish them in some way atleast, so they know they can't do as they please.
                    Last edited by Hemily; 06-13-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Maybe I was just a weird kid. I was always on the bottom of the pecking order although no one ever laid a hand on me (some kids threatened, but I laughed at them). I just got a lot of verbal abuse. I just never really let it get to me too bad. I mean, it was bad enough that the teachers had sent me to the counselor to talk about it, thinking I'd be depressed. In Junior High there was a boy who left school to be home schooled, citing bullying for his reason and fingered me as another kid who was bullied a lot. I just shrugged.
                      I did have a good supporting family and activities outside of school like horses where I could be successful, so perhaps that was why I came out ok and not too bitter about it.

Comment

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
                        Maybe I was just a weird kid. I was always on the bottom of the pecking order although no one ever laid a hand on me (some kids threatened, but I laughed at them). I just got a lot of verbal abuse. I just never really let it get to me too bad. I mean, it was bad enough that the teachers had sent me to the counselor to talk about it, thinking I'd be depressed. In Junior High there was a boy who left school to be home schooled, citing bullying for his reason and fingered me as another kid who was bullied a lot. I just shrugged.
                        I did have a good supporting family and activities outside of school like horses where I could be successful, so perhaps that was why I came out ok and not too bitter about it.
                        I don't know. I always did sports. Played soccer every fall, ran the clock for basketball games at school during the winter, baseball in the spring. Did football too instead of soccer in high school. I had the band. Bowling. I did plenty of stuff. I couldn't ask for a better family (besides my douchebag dad). I guess just dealing with it since the beginning of middle school and continuing through high school, it was just too much for such a long time.

Comment

I just didn't fit in. After a year or so, I stopped trying to. Now I know why; I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and I just was on a different wavelength to most of the people at my school. Plus I went to an all girls school, which are reknowned for being full of bitches. -.-

Comment

I was bullied quite a bit myself when I was younger. I was small for my age, up until about 13, so I was an easy target.

I also got the standard bullshit answers, like "ignore them", which as anyone who's been in that situation knows, it doesn't work. Worse yet, my dad refused to believe that anyone decided to pick with me unprovoked, and said that I must have mouthed off to them, or done something to enrage them.

Eventually, he came to realize I was just an innocent victim, and taught me how to fight back. I did quite well for a little guy. I took down a few people who were twice my side. I was a lot stronger than I looked, and I had speed on my side.

When I was about 13, I hit some sort of growth spurt, and caught up to everyone else. After that, I didn't get bullied anymore. Still, the damage was done. I had, and still have trust issues to this day. Worse yet, I went thru a phase where I took out what had been to me on other people, who had done nothing to deserve it. Thankfully, most of them knew what I had been thru, and didn't hold it against me.
                            --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Yeah I was really quiet and that just made me a huge target. It's funny how no one bothered me from like 6th grade on after I had to issue a few bloody noses. It was just enough to make people think if trying to bother me was worth it or not.

Besides, from 7th grade on I spent most of my time away from school in the arcade playing Mortal Kombat I/II/III

Comment

Working...
                              X