9-year-old suspended from school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-year-old suspended from school

for calling a teacher "cute" and he is suspended for 2 days for "sexual harassment".

However, [The]
    Originally posted by article
    school's code of conduct doesn't list sexual harassment, but does mention possession of any gun, rifle, pistol, firearm, prohibited substance or assault of a school employee as grounds for long-term suspension.
    I'm trying to figure out, if tey don't list sexual harassment as a punishable offense, how they were able to do so.
    Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

If calling a girl cute is grounds for punishment then I deserve a life sentence.

This whole thing is ridiculous.

Comment

According to the comments... the kid has had some past history with calling others the n-word and such...
      Of course, they don't provide a link to back their claims.

So... I find it pathetic if the teacher did this because the kid compliments the teacher...
      And I find it reasonable if the kid has had history of swearing at other students and the teachers were taking a safe option.

With-out the full story, I can't say much else. Opinions may change.

Comment

There's so much wrong with this, I don't even know where to start. The idiotic things kids are getting in trouble for anymore . . .
        A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

We don't have the full context of the story.

Did the kids say, "Mrs. Teach, you're looking fine today?" which is pretty innocent, or did he leer, make a gesture and say, "Baby, you are fiiinnneee!" The latter can fit the definition of sexual harassment, and placed in the context of previous behaviors with language, some discipline of this student may in fact be in order.

Without correct the behavior will not change.
          Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
            We don't have the full context of the story.

Did the kids say, "Mrs. Teach, you're looking fine today?" which is pretty innocent,
            Depending on the tone. I have never actually heard anyone say that without the leer and the gesture and I mean those exact words.
            Jack Faire
            Friend
            Father
            Smartass

Comment

I have never heard the word "fine" used when telling someone how they look that wasn't in a sexual manner, except for when someone asks, "Does this look ok?"

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My mother has said I've looked "fine". And she's told me without me having to ask first. Mainly it's because when I was living at home, and she told me to hurry up and get dressed to go somewhere. She'd look at me, say I looked "fine" and then we'd go out.
                Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

read the school rules there's always a catch all phrase about being able to suspend for something that damages the moral standing of the school or something like that. Basically whatever they want they can suspend you.

Comment

Working...
                  X